Insane Aim X

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello

My evo is rooted
and i have rom manager
i used rom manager to make a backup just incase

i have 3 questions

when i try downloading a rom and instaling the rom, everything goes fine it restarts but it always gets stuck at the boot loading screen no matter what ROM i use. (depending on rom) it will say like CM7 mod, and will show loading, and it will stay like this for hours. why is that?

#2.
When i perform a rom install. it gives me 2 options weather to wipe/clean install & backup. i usually dont click either and continue with the install, is that maybe why it keeps freezing at boot loading screen?

if i perform a clean install of a rom, and something goes wrong. if i restore using clockwork mod recovery will all my apps and contacts be there still? or just my os froyo 2.2 will be restore.

Please &
Thank you for your time

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello

My evo is rooted
and i have rom manager
i used rom manager to make a backup just incase

i have 3 questions

when i try downloading a rom and instaling the rom, everything goes fine it restarts but it always gets stuck at the boot loading screen no matter what ROM i use. (depending on rom) it will say like CM7 mod, and will show loading, and it will stay like this for hours. why is that?

#2.
When i perform a rom install. it gives me 2 options weather to wipe/clean install & backup. i usually dont click either and continue with the install, is that maybe why it keeps freezing at boot loading screen?

if i perform a clean install of a rom, and something goes wrong. if i restore using clockwork mod recovery will all my apps and contacts be there still? or just my os froyo 2.2 will be restore.

Please &
Thank you for your time

1 & 2- You need to wipe cache/dalvik in order to successfully flash a ROM. If you don't then you'll get a boot loop.

3- As long as you did a nandroid back up, you can restore all apps, texts, ect.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used ROM Manager in a long time but there should be an option in ROM Manager to back up your current ROM. If not, turn your phone off and reboot into recovery (volume down + power button) then select recovery. There should be an option for Backup/Restore, just select nandroid back up and let it do it's thing. After it says completed select reboot :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz