Netflix?

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
this probably has been asked before but can we get netflix if your rooted? i know you can get it on Xoom and thought there has to be a way for Evo to get it.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The problem isn't with being rooted or stock, it is with Netflix requiring a hardware DRM setup.

Last week or so, there was a leak of a Netflix APK that was from the new Optimus (IIRC) that should be hitting the market later this year. Many (including myself) downloaded and installed this and had Netflix working for about an hour before they threw the switch on their servers and cut us off.

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The problem isn't with being rooted or stock, it is with Netflix requiring a hardware DRM setup.

Last week or so, there was a leak of a Netflix APK that was from the new Optimus (IIRC) that should be hitting the market later this year. Many (including myself) downloaded and installed this and had Netflix working for about an hour before they threw the switch on their servers and cut us off.

lol yeah i heard about that from some sources i follow on twitter. i just got Hulu so atleast i got something to watch video's with.

sick of all my ibroke friends bragging about Netflix. Especially when there using my account on their phones :mad:

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
yeah i heard about that server thing too....i was wonderng about netflix for my EVO too since i sold my IPOD....but here the thing and maybe someone can explain this to me....NETFLIX will be given to devices with upgraded hardware...which understandable consierding they prolly wanna make sure it runs efficiently...but IOS has netflix and the hardware is ALMOST the same as the EVO or a couple of other androids.....why are they only gonna support upgrade hardware or just new devices....maybe a stupid question but its been bugging me....thanks guys

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah i heard about that server thing too....i was wonderng about netflix for my EVO too since i sold my IPOD....but here the thing and maybe someone can explain this to me....NETFLIX will be given to devices with upgraded hardware...which understandable consierding they prolly wanna make sure it runs efficiently...but IOS has netflix and the hardware is ALMOST the same as the EVO or a couple of other androids.....why are they only gonna support upgrade hardware or just new devices....maybe a stupid question but its been bugging me....thanks guys

from what i have read its a security issue in the android market, which i don't blame them. i just got Free Hulu on my phone and Netflix doesn't want to be the next one.

but imo they will come to android at some point. im actually very confident in that

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It's a security issue, but I don't know that it is with the android market. It is with specific handsets. Netflix wants the handset to have hardware capable of the DRM that it uses in order to keep the motion picture industry at ease.

The Netflix that was leaked was from a system dump of the LG Optimus 2X, so there's your android phone that will have it in the future.

Reactions: joey132

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
ohh ok....ive just been wondering the reason behind all of this surrounding NETFLIX....great, thanks guys.....hey how is HULU on yur EVO???????????

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ohh ok....ive just been wondering the reason behind all of this surrounding NETFLIX....great, thanks guys.....hey how is HULU on yur EVO???????????

it's not bad. i just got it yesterday so i can't really give a strong opinion but i did watch Its always sunny in phili yesterday and it was all fine and quality was good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084