[Q]Phone cannot be on, please help.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Morning hey, can use some help here. My EVO rooted, and using CM7 RC4. Unfortunately, it somehow died last night. Here is what happened. I hooked it up on my PC to charge the phone before I went to bed. I checked the batter status, there were still like 40% left. However, when I woke up. I found out the LED is not on (you know, orange light when you are charging). I tried to press power key to turn on screen, no response. So I took out the battery, and then put it back. After that, I hold the power key, no any response either. No LED light on even i tried to charge it again.

I guess i suppose to go to a local store to check what's going on unless you guys have some better idea there, please help.

Just in case that I have to go the store, will they check the phone or not if i'm asking for a change or anything, and, i mean, it's under one year, so it should be under warranty still, right?

MrMentallo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Not if you have rooted it and installed a rom. You have just voided your warranty. You can get them to fix it, but you will have to pay for it.

kcarter17

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Ask them for a new battery to check your phone. If it will still not power up then ask for a replacement. if it does not power up they cannot check it either. I have taken my rooted evo in twice with no problems.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Not if you have rooted it and installed a rom. You have just voided your warranty. You can get them to fix it, but you will have to pay for it.

Ask them for a new battery to check your phone. If it will still not power up then ask for a replacement. if it does not power up they cannot check it either. I have taken my rooted evo in twice with no problems.

thanks guys. I went to the store, they changed some other battery, my phone is working, guess it's my battery problem, or my charging port part. I may try to borrow another friend's batter to do some test to be sure if it's the battery or the charging port on the phone. if it's port, i m think to unroot it, then bring to another store.

Anyone knows, since the local store i went to already knows i rooted my phone, will another local stores will know that too? i mean, will there be some records showing that in another sprint store? I m pretty sure they didnt do any fix on my phone today, they just changed battery, and lit on my phone, know the phone is rooted, so they give me back.

kcarter17

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Did you give them any account info? If not put a sense rom on ( I use Sprint Lovers ) then take it in. Remove wifi tether and Superuser apks from the rom before you flash it though.

Reactions: Ky1e.YC

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Did you give them any account info? If not put a sense rom on ( I use Sprint Lovers ) then take it in. Remove wifi tether and Superuser apks from the rom before you flash it though.

Thanks, man. They already checked phone, but they didn't mentioned anything like they red flagged me or something like that.

anyways, I will try test my phone again as soon as possible, then see how it goes.

Again, really appreciate your advice.