just rooted and hotspot wifi wont work?

shane4golf

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone on unrevoked when i turn on my hotspot wifi i get a error saying "data call failure. error code 67 registration failure username and or password not correct"

any ideas what i need to do.

MsRandall

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I dont believe you will have wifi hotspot access just with rooting alone...Now the rom I use has the native sprint hotspot working but when my rooted evo was running a stock rom...I downloaded and set up wifi tether....

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I dont believe you will have wifi hotspot access just with rooting alone...Now the rom I use has the native sprint hotspot working but when my rooted evo was running a stock rom...I downloaded and set up wifi tether....

That is correct. Rooting alone won't unlock the native hotspot. You will have to get a custom rom. If you don't feel comfortable flashing yet then you can use http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/16101-free-wireless-tethering.html.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just go to the market - download Free Wireless Tether for Root Users

You dont need a custom rom (even tho they are great and fun!)

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
error 67

from what i understand is a sprint problem where for some reason they are having a hard time signing your device into the network. sometimes it means there is tower difficulty. i dont think it has anything to do w you being rooted. it happened to me before

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
from what i understand is a sprint problem where for some reason they are having a hard time signing your device into the network. sometimes it means there is tower difficulty. i dont think it has anything to do w you being rooted. it happened to me before

This usually means you have not paid the 30$ fee for the built in tether function.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude