[ROM] Gingerbread 4.12.651.1

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to xHausx over on XDA, we now have the leaked Gingerbread in a flashable ROM.

[ROM][STOCK] --- Version 4.12.651.1 --- odexed & deodexed --- - xda-developers

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

theres actually a few ROMs already based off the leaked GB. in the original leaked GB thread here on AC, dcmasta linked to the first flashable ROM. im not saying this isnt great....but your a little late to the party

heres a list of the ROMs based off of the GB leak:

MikGinger: [ROM]-[MikRoms]-[4/17/2011] - MikGinger - Re-Eng GB Sense 2.1 B2 - Landscape Support - xda-developers

MisfitRom: [Rom]updated-MisfitRom GB Sense-Odex and Deodex versions - xda-developers

VirusROM GengerSense: █VirusROM GengerSense ReV? █ ◄●|15 APR.|B1|●► █ [Gingerbread]●[2.3.3]●[Sense 2.1] █ - xda-developers

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Guess I missed that link in the OP of the leak thread. Everything I had read before said there wasn't a flashable one yet. Also, the Mik ROM there was posted after I posted this, and the one from Virus is not based on the EVO leak, it's a Desire port. I had seen the Misfit ROM but I didn't realize it was based on the leaked GB. I'm hoping Virus has a GB Airborne soon.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
misfit gb rom

I've tried to download from media fire but the link never downloads . Is there another link I can download from?

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I've tried to download from media fire but the link never downloads . Is there another link I can download from?
What browser are you using? It will not work on safari. I use a mac and had to download google chrome just so I can use chrome to download it. Not sure why that is though.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and flashed the Misfit Rom. Like the icons and aesthetic changes, however just have to remember that this Rom doesn't have an option in the shutdown menu for rebooting into recovery. Did a nandroid backup and cleared cache/dalvik before flashing, but don't have any HTC widget options, nor does the phone come up. Each time I've rebooted trying to get to recovery by power/volume down, it's started the fastboot, which I totally forgot is a new feature. When I get back to the main screen it gets stuck with a 'loading...It may take several minutes to complete, please wait.' message.

Hoping to factory reset and reflash, cuz it looks like an enjoyable ROM!

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and flashed the Misfit Rom. Like the icons and aesthetic changes, however just have to remember that this Rom doesn't have an option in the shutdown menu for rebooting into recovery. Did a nandroid backup and cleared cache/dalvik before flashing, but don't have any HTC widget options, nor does the phone come up. Each time I've rebooted trying to get to recovery by power/volume down, it's started the fastboot, which I totally forgot is a new feature. When I get back to the main screen it gets stuck with a 'loading...It may take several minutes to complete, please wait.' message.

Hoping to factory reset and reflash, cuz it looks like an enjoyable ROM!

If you want to boot into recovery, hit the restart option when you hold power. Then when it turns off, hold the power and volume down buttons and it will start into bootloader.

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
At post 7. Im on my evo using dolphin browser . What gives??

i dunno if you can d/l directly to your phone....you should d/l it on your computer then push it over to the root of your SD card then flash it through recovery

if your not rooted then dont bother...you wont be able to use this ROM

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
i dunno if you can d/l directly to your phone....you should d/l it on your computer then push it over to the root of your SD card then flash it through recovery

if your not rooted then dont bother...you wont be able to use this ROM

Yes, you can download it directly to your phone, I do it all the time using Dolphin Browser.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had that happen a few times too. Try a long press on the link and then open in a new window.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If you want to boot into recovery, hit the restart option when you hold power. Then when it turns off, hold the power and volume down buttons and it will start into bootloader.

Not so fast. This trick didn't work because the rom is initially set to fastboot, so it doesn't work out...managed to get the loading screen to finish and use one of the icons to reboot into recovery and did a reset.

Rom is pretty darn good, but I've found the brightness issue that's been reported. 4G worked last night, and everything else seems to work solidly.

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Not so fast. This trick didn't work because the rom is initially set to fastboot, so it doesn't work out...managed to get the loading screen to finish and use one of the icons to reboot into recovery and did a reset.

Rom is pretty darn good, but I've found the brightness issue that's been reported. 4G worked last night, and everything else seems to work solidly.

can you walk me through exactly how you booted into recovery?

I tried loading this last week, but was pressed for time, did not get it to work and then figured out you could not boot into recovery and about crapped. I got into recovery using ROM Manager and went to last nandroid b/u of CM7.