PLEASE HELP!!! i have rooted my evo 4g using unrevoked3 and i have already wiped my phone completely. im trying to get the cynanogen rom but i dont have the slightest clue on what to do. please help.im tired of my evo looking like everybody elses.
    04-21-2011 02:58 AM
    google for instructions to install clockword mod 3.05.

cm is gingerbread and gingerbread needs clockword mod 3 or hig

OR

amon recovery will work. any version.

OR

download rom manager from the marketplace. it has to be paid for but will install the recovery bootloader for you. and download the cm rom and install also.
    04-21-2011 03:22 AM
    PLEASE HELP!!! i have rooted my evo 4g using unrevoked3 and i have already wiped my phone completely. im trying to get the cynanogen rom but i dont have the slightest clue on what to do. please help.im tired of my evo looking like everybody elses.
    If you use Rom Manager make sure you select Gapps (Google Apps) or you won't have the market or any other google apps. Also, make sure you select wipe data and cache. If not then you will get a bootloop.

You can also do it manually from your recovery. You can find the download Here. Look at post #2. As with Rom Manager you need to wipe. Data, Cache, and Dalvik cache.

If you have any games you play all the time make sure to back those up. There are apps available. (Titanium is a popular app) If not then you will lose the data for those.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing before you install your rom is to make a Nandroid (backup). Just in case something goes wrong you can revert back to the old setup.
    04-21-2011 08:57 AM
    If you need visual instructions. Do a YouTube search. There's plenty of videos. Some from our fellow AC members.
    04-21-2011 11:31 AM
    how do you do a nandoin backup?
    04-21-2011 04:35 PM
    how do you do a nandoin backup?
    You perform a "nandroid" backup by booting into recovery:

1. turn off phone
    2. press and hold power + vol down until you get to the screen with the 3 skateboarding androids
    3. Answer "no" to updating the phone and to rebootin
    4. Scroll down to "Recovery" using the vol keys and select it with the power button
    5. Select "Backup" or "Backup / Restore" from the options that you are presented in Recovery.
    6. Make a backup

This assumes that you have either Clockworkmod or Amon_RA recovery flashed to your EVO. You can flash Clockworkmod recovery from ROM Manager.
    04-21-2011 05:09 PM
    ok i did all that and i installed cyanogen 7 mod with the google add on. it took a while to boot up and now when my phone turns back on after it leaves the white evo 4g screen i have a black screen with a blue andriod skatborading across my screen and the words cynanogen comes up and it keeps this cycle over and over again
    04-21-2011 06:42 PM
    Did you wipe everything first? Data, cache and Dalvik cache
    04-21-2011 07:04 PM
    Did you wipe everything first? Data, cache and Dalvik cache
    new2android7609 is correct. Most times, the boot loops are caused by not wiping the caches before flashing ROMs.

Wipe as recommended above and re-flash the ROM.
    04-21-2011 09:39 PM