Cyanogen 7

roldham71

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just installed cyanogen7 on my evo. It installed fine, downloaded some apps from the market, adjusted some settings etc. Went to download a twitter app from the market and I got a message stating "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. So I rebooted my phone and now I have the cyanogen 7 logo on my phone just spinning. Help please!!!!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Moved you to the root section where this belongs.

Did you do a wipe before you flashed CyanogenMod 7?
If not then go back into recovery, wipe everything you can (Dont wipe the SD card [If your using Amon-Ra recovery it gives you that option]), then flash the rom and Gapps. Reboot and you should be good to go.

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Try pulling the battery for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, you may want to nandroid back to your previous ROM or reflash CM from recovery. Who knows, wiping cache and dalvic may work also. You can try that instead of reflashing the ROM first. Keep in mind that initial booting after cache wipes adds about a min to the boot time.

roldham71

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
forceclose

Still having problems with the android process forceclose. On top of that when I powered my phone on this morning it wouldnt load. Had to turn on in recovery, and start all over again. Is it possible that its the titanium backup?? It asks when its time to restore the marketplace that this is a system app do you want to install?? Should I tap no??? I have been installing it.

roldham71

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I dont see that option under restore in TB. These are my options under restore: restore missing apps w/data, restore missing apps+all system data, restore newer versions of user apps, restore all apps w/data.

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
i usually just tap on each individual app and then hit restore...works for me :)

any of the google apps tho (i.e. gmail, google maps, market, etc.) flash the gapps zip.....heres the latest provided by CyanogenMOD: gapps-gb-20110307

if anything is missing from that....either d/l from the market or restore via TI backup

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay