Anyone else running Fresh 4.0 beta 3?

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm in LOVE with this ROM..

anyone else running it? it's smooth as butter, has some nice GB touches.. the only thing I'm trying to get rid of is the GPS icon in the status bar when it's non in use.

Anyone have a fix for this?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Is your brightness control working?

On some evos (mine) that have a nova display it is stuck on 100% brightness, it works fine on Epson panels though. All roms based on the new GB leak have this issue, its a kernel problem and since the source from the leak hasn't been released, it can't be fixed :/

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Is your brightness control working?

On some evos (mine) that have a nova display it is stuck on 100% brightness, it works fine on Epson panels though. All roms based on the new GB leak have this issue, its a kernel problem and since the source from the leak hasn't been released, it can't be fixed :/

Is it an ASOP rom? What will happen if you change the kernel?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
No its the GB sense leak, if you change the kernel to netarchy you will get screen tearing and other problems because its 2.2 based.

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I dont run into the screen brightness issues since I have an epson screen.

When I have GPS on I have the icon in my status bar, but when i turn GPS OFF I still have the icon with the slash in it (for it being off), but I'd like to get rid of that if possible.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I wanted too.. Brightness issue shyed me away too.. But as far as the gps icon goes I haven't heard of a way to rid it..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

armdavid2

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
guess theres an app you can dl to make the brightness not seem as bad....dont remember though! Ill stick with my current rom for now....though I will say it was quick!

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
guess theres an app you can dl to make the brightness not seem as bad....dont remember though! Ill stick with my current rom for now....though I will say it was quick!

Whaaaa really? I'll have to look for it

armdavid2

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Whaaaa really? I'll have to look for it

Apps called screen filter. these are the workarounds from the rom forum

"Workaround 1: flash a custom kernel. I personally recommend netarchy-toastmod no havs no sbc. Going this route will fix brightness but will cause your camera to not function. This can't be fixed, don't even ask.
Workaround 2: download a free application from the market called Screen Filter. This runs a service that puts a semi-transparent window in front of everything. While the screen is still technically at 100% brightness, it will not blind you at night. The downsides are it gives it a blueish tint (IMO) and you have to manually adjust how "dim" it is."

danschroedle

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
voice mail notification

is anyone else having a problem with a voice mail notification popping up? when i click on it i have no new voice mail, and also it wont let me clear it out of the notification bar. If anyone has a fix please let me know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae