ROM Manger question

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Quick question about the ROM manager. In the past I had always just copied the zip to my SD card and installed it manually by clearing cache and Dalvik and intalling it from the SD card.

Decided to start using ROM Manager. But when I download a new version of a ROM (CM7 in this case), my only options are to Backup Existing ROM and/or Wipe Data and Cache. I prefer not to wipe data obviously so I don't have to set everything up again, but am surprised I don't see a "Wipe Cache Only" option.

So is it ok just to use the Backup Existing ROM option and ignore the other? Perhaps that option wipes cache and Dalvik? It just doesn't say it does.

Just looking for advice on the best way to use it.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are already running CM7.0 and are just upgrading to CM7.0.2 you shouldn't have to worry about wiping things.

Wiping is important for switching to different ROMs, but are generally unnecessary for flashing an update.

Reactions: loso00

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Rom manager is good for downloading roms. However, sometimes it doesn't give me the option to wipe. I find myself doing it manualy through RA.

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
For the past few days, ROM manager hasn't been working right for me. Everytime I try to install a rom/kernal, or do a backup, it causes an error that starts me back up at the recovery screen. At this point, I have to go back install again manually from the recovery screen. Not that big of a deal I suppose, but is this happening to anyone else?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma