Sense 2.0 text menu blocking Swype "Word Choice" Menu...?

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
this has been my only gripe with ROMS using a newer Sense.. after swyping a word in swype, if the incorrect word come up, i double click the word then hit the swype button on the bottom left to get the "word choice" menu, but on the new sense a "select text, etc. etc." box comes up and stays on top of the "word choice" menu which normally blocks a word or 2.. forcing me to delete the word and type it manually.. is there any kind of fix for this?

(i figured i'd put this thread in the 'rooting' section since it won't happen on stock evo's.. btw i'm running: [ROM]-[MikRoms]-[4/20/2011] - MikGinger - Re-Eng GB Sense 2.1 B3 - Just got Faster - xda-developers , tho i've ran into this on any ROM with updated sense)

here's a screenshot of what i mean..

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit confused. When I want to see the replacements for an incorrectly predicted word with Swype, all I have to do is double tap the word and the list of alternates comes up automatically. I'm not experiencing this on the EViO 2 ROM.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's not Sense, it's Gingerbread, with a possible conflict in that ROM's implementation. Double tap in GB selects the word, then a long press gives you the copy, cut, paste, etc. This conflicts with how Swype double tap brought up the word choice window. In GB, simply drag the text select handle to the word, or tap the word once, then press the Swype key to bring up the word choice window.

This is on the AOSP blend of 2.3, but the behavior should be the same. Others can correct me if the Sense method is different.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It's not Sense, it's Gingerbread, with a possible conflict in that ROM's implementation. Double tap in GB selects the word, then a long press gives you the copy, cut, paste, etc. This conflicts with how Swype double tap brought up the word choice window. In GB, simply drag the text select handle to the word, or tap the word once, then press the Swype key to bring up the word choice window.

This is on the AOSP blend of 2.3, but the behavior should be the same. Others can correct me if the Sense method is different.

Ah, Gingerbread. I've only used CM7 occasionally, so I never noticed this. Good catch.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

ahhhh yessss.. thanks a lot man! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc