Stock or fixes for CM7.0. 2.1

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys, hope I don't get in trouble for starting a new thread, but wasn't sure where to post this comment/question. I am currently running cm 7.0.2.1 on my Evo. Having trouble with tethering when 4G is on as well as GPS issues. Was looking for possible solutions or a stock/sense rom with gingerbread. That's why I didn't wanna post this in the CM7 thread. Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys, hope I don't get in trouble for starting a new thread, but wasn't sure where to post this comment/question. I am currently running cm 7.0.2.1 on my Evo. Having trouble with tethering when 4G is on as well as GPS issues. Was looking for possible solutions or a stock/sense rom with gingerbread. That's why I didn't wanna post this in the CM7 thread. Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Here is where you can find the fix for GPS. With the stable release you are on it was redone and fix but you can give it a try.

Don't have 4G in my area but if I remember right (could be wrong) you couldn't tether with 4G.

If anyone else has 4G in their area then they can elaborate on it better.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey dont ever worry about starting a new thread, ill take care of ya if its in the wrong place or anything. I'd like to believe we're all friendly and pretty helpful here on AC.:p

Anywho, i'm not in a 4G area so i cant help you there, and you should definately try the GPS fix first.
As for a gingerbread sense rom, theres only 1 stable rom like that. The leaked sprint rom, but if you have a nova display you will be stuck on 100% brightness check it out [ROM][STOCK] --- Version 4.12.651.1 --- odexed & deodexed --- - xda-developers or a customized one [ROM] 04/24/11 | Fresh Evo 4.0.0.4 Beta | Gingerbread 2.3.3 | CIQ Strip + The Usual - xda-developers

Reactions: Biggnaa20

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I love AC's forums. Mods are always cool, never look down there nose at u like some forums. I'll give these suggestions a try. I love CM7, but I prefer the 4G speeds cause I tether a lot. I'll let u know how it goes...thanks guys...

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So with the current GPS issues, does this more or less mean a stock flash of CM7 won't allow you to use Google Maps and Navigation properly? I am thinking of rooting and getting CM7 up and running, but this is one thing that is holding me back. I would really like to be able to WiFi tether my Xoom though.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I love AC's forums. Mods are always cool, never look down there nose at u like some forums. I'll give these suggestions a try. I love CM7, but I prefer the 4G speeds cause I tether a lot. I'll let u know how it goes...thanks guys...

One thing i forgot to mention though, is that you should try wifi tether for root users from the market. It may allow you to tether with 4G whereas the built in portable hot-spot might not.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So with the current GPS issues, does this more or less mean a stock flash of CM7 won't allow you to use Google Maps and Navigation properly? I am thinking of rooting and getting CM7 up and running, but this is one thing that is holding me back. I would really like to be able to WiFi tether my Xoom though.

GPS works great for me and most people, if it doesnt, there is an easy fix out there. Highly recommend rooting, and installing the latest version of CM7. Read up before doing anything of course though :)

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

I can say from personal experience, today, that (along with the gps fix, for good measure) gps in cm7.0.2 works. I was in a new area for my route, and used maps and navi to find the store I needed to get to, with accuracy within 4m.

So go for it! It's the rom I always go back to, and has all the options a person would need

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I can tether with 4G on, but I can't even get speeds comparable to 3G. Starting to think it just doesn't work. As far as the wifi fix, when I open up the phone dialer and type ##4772579# I never get the prompt to enter a password. GPS works but I lose GPS frequently.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
One thing i forgot to mention though, is that you should try wifi tether for root users from the market. It may allow you to tether with 4G whereas the built in portable hot-spot might not.

that will mess up tethering for both the app and the built in tethering capabilities, ive tried it.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I just rooted and I have to say that it was pretty easy. The guides rocked!

The little touches from the Sprint Lovers ROM are really nice too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig