Need Help!!

OldSpice74

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Sprint HTC EVO 4G I was wondering can I fully flash my phone from home. I would like to flash the phone to work with "MetroPCS" service and another thing I would like to know can I remove everything in the phone that have the Sprint Trademark Please Help Me Thanx.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's possible through methods that likely violate the terms of service of this forum to discuss, as they are not legal. It's more than simply "rooting" or "jailbreaking".

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Its not illegal to switch to metropcs, so long as you are paying them for service

You must go to a metropcs store to get your phone to work on that carrier.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well... MetroPCS won't activate a Sprint ESN, so the method by which you get the phone eligible to be on MetroPCS is what's illegal.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well... MetroPCS won't activate a Sprint ESN, so the method by which you get the phone eligible to be on MetroPCS is what's illegal.

Sprint and MetroPCS have an agreement that they will not activate the other providers devices (an ESN blacklist). This agreement is not contractual but more of an "Gentleman's Agreement" and is not legally enforceable. It really depends on who you talk to as to whether they will activate it or not.

The reason why a Sprint phone won't work on MetroPCS is a PRL and proxy server issue. What the MetroPCS roms do is have MetroPCS proxy server addresses and settings and in some cases the MertoPCS PRL instead of Sprint's. Not all of the phone's features may work as MetroPCS may not provide the same services and the rom may not have MertoPCS specific apps. Seeing that ESN and other FCC required identifiers remain unchanged the carrier change is not a criminal matter but a civil matter and is ,at worst, grounds for an ETF fee but in no way is it illegal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance