Need help > stupid newbie mistake

dixieman

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So I was able to Root my Evo and have been loving the tethering.....Until I made a stupid mistake and deleted gtalk and market. I would like to get them back and have followed a number of threads, but I can't find specific directions and I am new to this stuff.

I would like to keep the phone Rooted but re-install Gtalk and Market OR return the phone to the factory application defaults (while keeping root). Can someone point me in the direction of easy to follow instructions and files?

Thanks!

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you just running your stock phone rooted or have you flashed a ROM?

I'm currently downloading the Sprint Lovers ROM and will extract the Talk and Market apps that should install on your phone.

If they don't you may need to flash a new ROM.

dixieman

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I think I just rooted and did not flash the ROM. I used the unrevoked program. Can I use the 2 files listed above (marketupdater.apk and talk.apk) and put them on my SD card? What do I do next?

Yes, I am new to all of this stuff ;)

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I think I just rooted and did not flash the ROM. I used the unrevoked program. Can I use the 2 files listed above (marketupdater.apk and talk.apk) and put them on my SD card? What do I do next?

Yes, I am new to all of this stuff ;)

Download through your phone and install.

dixieman

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I tried installing gtalk and it starts installing then "Application not installed". I tried it a couple of times, and rebooted.

Market installed, but when I try to use the market I get a "The application (process.com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I don't mind getting a new ROM if it lets me keep my "root". The only directions I could find mention that it unroots. Any other suggestions?

I appreciate your help!

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I tried installing gtalk and it starts installing then "Application not installed". I tried it a couple of times, and rebooted.

Market installed, but when I try to use the market I get a "The application (process.com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I don't mind getting a new ROM if it lets me keep my "root". The only directions I could find mention that it unroots. Any other suggestions?

I appreciate your help!

Here you go M8.... flash this rom. Its call "Sprint Lovers Rom". It the stock Sprint rom(like what your running now) that's rooted, tweeked and optimized.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=830153

Sent From My Pocket Rocket!!!!!

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Sprint Lovers and am very happy with it. No problems whatsoever, very responsive, stable, and has what you need without the bloat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12