[ROM]GB 2.3.4 gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][2.3.4 Beta]

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just loaded up this GB 2.3.4 ROM last night and was very please to find everything (Google Maps, 4G, Wifi, Camera front and back, Netflix, HDMI, etc...) working. Looks like I have a new daily driver! Oh and GB 2.3.4 is very fast with lots of nice little enhancements. If you're a flash-a-holic like me, then this is something worth looking at...

XDA Thread:
[Official][5-15-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][2.3.4 Beta] - xda-developers

If you like the ROM, thank the Dev not me, just passing on the goodness to my friends on AC!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
This is non-sense correct?

Thanks,

Yeah, this is an AOSP ROM, so no Sense at all. While I miss some aspects of Sense, it's nice to have a change and run something different. I have run a lot of AOSP ROMs before and end up coming back to Sense because things like GPS or MMS didn't work. But with this ROM, everything is working. I haven't had a single hiccup in any of the features. This is now a daily driver for me.

Mustang46L

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife's Nexus S 4G made me think about ditching my EVO.. but not anymore! This thing flies with this ROM. Quite stable, everything is working.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Had some weird stuff happen when trying to set up on this Rom, no wallpaper, rebooted and apps didn't update correctly when restoring from Titanium Backup. Might try again tonight when I get home cuz it may have been my fault when I restored missing apps plus system data. But from what I saw, I think CM7 may still be the way to go....maybe the battery life is a little better but without any hard data to show the difference, I lean towards more UI options and more extensive Launcher.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Had some weird stuff happen when trying to set up on this Rom, no wallpaper, rebooted and apps didn't update correctly when restoring from Titanium Backup. Might try again tonight when I get home cuz it may have been my fault when I restored missing apps plus system data. But from what I saw, I think CM7 may still be the way to go....maybe the battery life is a little better but without any hard data to show the difference, I lean towards more UI options and more extensive Launcher.

Yeah it doesn't come with a wallpaper set, just a blank black backgound. There are wallpapers you can select, but none are set by default. You do have to install the gapps sepperate from the ROM as well, to get the market app. I don't use Titanium, so I just reinstalled all my stuff from the Market. Didn't have any issues there. It's very similar to CM7 just not as heavy and I always seem to have GPS and MMS issues with CM, so this one is a winner for me!

Mustang46L

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So everything seems to be working great, quite loving the ROM. My only question is about the camera.. Is anyone else showing the camera at only 3 MP with no option to go any higher?

sammy123

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Can someone running this rom take a picture in a darker room where the flash is needed and let me know if the image comes out VERY blue?

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just loaded up this GB 2.3.4 ROM last night and was very please to find everything (Google Maps, 4G, Wifi, Camera front and back, Netflix, HDMI, etc...) working. Looks like I have a new daily driver! Oh and GB 2.3.4 is very fast with lots of nice little enhancements. If you're a flash-a-holic like me, then this is something worth looking at...

I have been running this rom for the last couple of weeks now and it's perfect!!! Like cloak.dagger said everything works flawless right out of box(or Zip file). I really didn't think there was a rom out there that could pry me away from Miui. Well Decks rom has done just that.

It is nice to know that I have the option of 4G back. I still don't really use it all that much but it dose work.

I did do the GPS fix right before and the voicemail fix right after I flashed the older "2.3.3" version of this rom. Then when Deck put out the updated "2.3.4" version I just wiped cashes, davjik(think that's how it's spelled) cashe and battery stats. So I really don't know if all of this dose really work right out of the box but I haven't had and issue with either.

I'm also using ADW Launcher EX as my launcher. I had a great setup I was using when I was on Miui and wanted the control over the launcher bar and what apps I wanted in it. But I can say it runs flawlessly on this rom. No lag or hangups when flipping from screen to screen or opening or closing the app drawer.

It's roms like this that make it so I don't want or need a new device. I mean come on, I'm running Gingerbread 2.3.4 on my almost year old device!!! I Love It!!!! With this rom I think I'll be good till IceSandwich starts being installed on shipped devices.
And like cloak.n.dagger said, this is a rom really worth a good lookin at.

Sent From My Pocket Rocket!!!!!

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this ROM for about 2 days now... and I gotta say I love it. Smooth as butter, everything works, and battery life is amazing. And to think, I was not wanting to leave Sense but I don't even miss it.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am going to flash this tomorrow. I already have 2.15.00.1119
Kernel= toasted 4.34 cfs-havs-more
Build= 3.70
Webkit=3.1
Pri=1.90.003
Prl= 01115
My question is, will I have to flash new radios and the other stuff? Or do I just flash the Rom and new kernel if want then re boot?.
Is this all I have to do =

*Install Instructions*

1. Reboot into recovery. I use Amon's recovery.

2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.

3. Wipe Everything.

4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.

5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.

6. Flash gapps zip.

6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel as Tiamat or Savaged-Zen*

7. Reboot.

8. Enjoy gingerbread!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So everything seems to be working great, quite loving the ROM. My only question is about the camera.. Is anyone else showing the camera at only 3 MP with no option to go any higher?

Weird. I'm not seeing that at all. Mine was set to 8MP by default! Might want to rewipe and reflash again to see if that clears up your issue. What HW rev do you have? Mine is 0003.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Can someone running this rom take a picture in a darker room where the flash is needed and let me know if the image comes out VERY blue?

Yeah, I am seeing blue hues in low light when the led flash goes off. I haven't played with the camera settings that much but I know you can change the white balance setting and this might effect how the camera captures that led light.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My question is, will I have to flash new radios and the other stuff? Or do I just flash the Rom and new kernel if want then re boot?.
Is this all I have to do =

*Install Instructions*

1. Reboot into recovery. I use Amon's recovery.

2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.

3. Wipe Everything.

4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.

5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.

6. Flash gapps zip.

6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel as Tiamat or Savaged-Zen*

7. Reboot.

8. Enjoy gingerbread!

I didn't flash my radios and all is well. My radios are at the same rev that you are on.

Yes, those are the instructions from the OP. I followed them exactly and have been running like a champ ever since. This is really one of the most stable and fully functional AOSP ROMs I have ever used. I hope that if HTC and Sprint roll out a GB update to all EVO users that this is what they get! But, of course, HTC will always roll out their ROM with Sense, which is fine, but it is nice to have the option to roll without it! :cool:

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this so I don't.want.to make any mistakes. Can I keep my current kernel? Do I flash Rom,gapps, then reboot. Or Rom, gapps, kernel then reboot. Can I batch restore with titanium or will this erase my sdcard? Does it come with a kernel or is there one that is recommended.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech