New to rooting and need an opinion please :)

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I really want to root and install some ROMS. Can someone point me towards the best GB Sense 2.0 ROM please. Also if you could list the known problems with the ROM. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my ECO using Tapatalk

Joe G

May 21, 2011
Visit site
My favorite is [ROM] Warm Z TwoPointTwo - [RLS 1 - 02/23/2011] - Yabba Dabba Doo -- it's not GB, but it is Sense 2.0 and it works great!

It does use Sense 2.0, but since it's a Desire Z port, it lacks WiMax (4G) support, usage of the front-facing camera (unless you download a 3rd party app from the Market), and I've never really tested the Visual Voicemail to see whether it works or not, but the post says it doesn't.

Other than that, the only reason I switched back to a Sense 1.0 ROM is because of the WiMax support. I live in an area completely blanketed with it and use it a lot while at work.

The voicemail was an issue with me until I learned that you can make your Sprint number your Google Voice number and Google Voice completely integrates into your voicemail so you can receive transcribed voicemails if you want and have Google Voice handle all your calls. Now, when someone calls that is an unknown number to my Google Contacts, Google Voice will ask them to say their name. When I answer, it asks me whether I want to (1) answer, (2) send to voicemail and hang up, or (3) send to voicemail and screen the message left... with the option to answer at any time.

It's really worth getting that setup, if you ask me. Then, if you have spotty 4G coverage anyways, it makes the decision really easy as there is nothing you'll be missing in this ROM...

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i tried installing this but im not sure what i did wrong. it sat on the white htc screen for about 20 minutes and i had to restore my backup. i downloaded the rom and copied it to the sd card. im not sure what the root folder is but i do not have a folder entitled root so i didnt know what to do. also i did not unzip the file. was this incorrect? help!!!

Joe G

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You did everything fine. If you're installing Myn's Warm Z TwoPointTwo, the white screen is a known issue when rebooting from the recovery. I either select to power off my phone or, if you get stuck at the white screen, just pull your battery and then power up the phone and it'll start fine.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
What's the difference between odex and deodex?

Sent from my EVO 4G using 2 cans & a string

To keep it simple, if you want to add a theme to the rom you need the deodex. If you don't want to theme then you can use the odex. Some claim that the odex will boot faster but I'm not sure about it. Never used an odex rom as I usually add something.

Reactions: Joe G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude