Gingerbread Update June 3rd

anon(23306)

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about this as well. It was easy to flash roms on my rooted hero because there was a way to load into the ROM loader thing (sorry for incorrect terminology). As best as I can tell, I don't know how to do that with my unrEVOked EVO.

Can someone post instructions for those of us with unrevoked evos that want to upgrade to Gingerbread? I don't mind waiting a day or two until somebody posts a Gingerbread ROM.

thanks

alil2cul4u

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about this as well. It was easy to flash roms on my rooted hero because there was a way to load into the ROM loader thing (sorry for incorrect terminology). As best as I can tell, I don't know how to do that with my unrEVOked EVO.

Can someone post instructions for those of us with unrevoked evos that want to upgrade to Gingerbread? I don't mind waiting a day or two until somebody posts a Gingerbread ROM.

thanks

Nid, I think you are talking about a custom recovery? If so, you would have to flash one to your phone and then to see if you have one shut your pphone off and when you turn it back on, hold the down volume button as you push and hold the power button. then you will come to a white screen and youll have to use the volume button to go down to recovery and the power button to select it... If you successfully flashed it you will see the name at the top of the screen and it will say something like "Clockwork Recovery" or "RA Recovery" That is a guess, I did not go into my recovery to check the exact name of the clockwork recovery.... As for the gingerbread update, it may take a few days for someone to let out a stock gingerbread from that is rooted.... Or, maybe that is what igotsanevo4g is talking about is the rom... But, I understood it that he was talking about a way to root the gingerbread update....

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

thanks

Click on the last link in my signature to see how to flash. Its from an OG from the forums, Jerzyiroc. Its very detailed and lots of information.

Warning He does express his thoughts of Unrevoked at the beginning of the vid.

Fast forward if you don't want to see it.

One day I'll make one of my own but for now I'll use his :)

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
As for the gingerbread update, it may take a few days for someone to let out a stock gingerbread from that is rooted.... Or, maybe that is what igotsanevo4g is talking about is the rom... But, I understood it that he was talking about a way to root the gingerbread update....

Yes he was talking the stock rom that is already rooted by a dev.

For taking the stock rom from the OTA (over the air) might be months before a way to root it is out. That is why he is saying if you are rooted then wait for the rooted rom. Which could be a few days before or after the release date. And for the ones that want root to do it now before the release date.

I didn't listen when the 2.2 Froyo came out and I had to wait for what seemed like forever before I could be rooted.

anon(23306)

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks... I guess I put clockwork on there when I rooted... Didn't know how to load that before. I'm in familiar territory now as I did this multiple times with my hero (I.e. Wait for someone to root the OTA and then update with that.)

I don't like go get too crazy with the roms, I just like to run some root apps and delete the crapware.

Thanks again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power