What is your keyboard preference?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind Swype, but I use a modification of the HTC keyboard a lot too. It has the arrow keys removed and you can customize the button size and the popup delay.

saxd45

May 19, 2010
Visit site
you should try shapewriter.

same idea as swype but much better in my opinion.

its not in the market anymore though

snap20110603_183935.jpg

Last edited:

mdotsteele

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Swype hands down. I used to hate it, but then one day I started using it. Ever since then I can't go back to a regular keyboard.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Can't stand Swype at all. I was using Keyboard For Android which was a GB style but could customize it from skins to the size of the keys to the amount of space between keys. Now I'm using stock 2.3.4 keyboard.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
For text or email, I use Swype, in large part because I can type as fast with one hand as I can with two hands on other input methods. If I'm taking notes at conferences, etc, I prefer Swiftkey.

Just entirely depends on what I need, but Swype is my day to day keyboard.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
You know - this is a great question. I'm not completely psyched about any of the keyboard options that I have tried so far. As the lesser of the evils, I use Swype because it's soooo fast to pound out messages.

However, what would I really WANT in a keyboard?
* Multitouch - much like the stock GB keyboard works
* 10-key numpad when I hit the number key
* No stupid arrows at the bottom
* Dedicated voice button on the keyboard
* Fast and lightweight
* Swypelike functionality

For some reason, that 10-key thing seems to be the one that is missing so much...

hawkeyeredsox

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone downloaded an update for Swiftkey Beta, and now when I try to do anything with my phone, it has a pop-up that says "The application Android keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I have rebooted my phone but that didn't help. Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I like 8pen.

Its different and once you adjust to the new style of typing its really fast and swift. Im pretty damn fast at it now too ;)

shrpchef

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Tried a few. Do not like Swype.

My favorite thurfar is Swiftkey although I see it is going out of beta and will have to pay for predictions to continue.

I will have to try keyboard 8. Haven't heard of that one yet!