Need a bit of help with replacement (warranty) evo

infoe

May 24, 2010
Visit site
wife cracked her screen evo 1 (still operable)
received replacement evo today (wow that was fast placed claim yesterday, overnighted phone received it today)

Would I

Activate new evo
root evo
install titanium backup
swap micro sd cards and do a restore
then whipe old phone and do unroot?

do I need to unroot and whipe or will whipe take care of both...? Just want to make sure I'm going about it the most efficient way.

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to unroot to send you phone back in.

Now I'm guessing you are talking about the micro SD card and not an actual Sims card. Just take SD card phone, put in new phone, install TB. Take SD card from new phone, put in old phone and send back phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

infoe

May 24, 2010
Visit site
thanks...

yeah I meant micro sd...so essentially i got steps ok...just dont need to worry about unrooting? I'm still gonna send in whiped just in case dont like that personal info out ther floating.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, just move your card, setup the new phone and restore your apps. When finished, do a factory reset on the one going back. First thing the warehouse does is flash the phone back to stock. But, never hurts to be safe and have piece of mind.

Also, pay attention to the return envelope. Pretty sure all they want back is the actual device. You can keep the sd card and battery.

infoe

May 24, 2010
Visit site
thanks man...just saw gingerbread 2.3 rooted version was out..worth rooting her phone to go to 2.3 rooted or just give her plain ole 2.3 non root? Don't see the need of the rooted phone for her unless the rooted version (having setcpu) for battery management and (tb) just to backup a few apps that she could always redownload is still considered to be worth it...no rom swapping or kernel changing really goes on, on her phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax