[PSA] Rooting the new 2.3 is [ITS POSSIBLE GUYS!!!] 8/14/11

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Okay - thanks for the help everyone. I flashed back to Decks with the gapps + vvm, and this may be the setup I keep for a while. I think it has everything I want - barebones, fast, and as far as I know bug-free.

Here's where I got the files:

[8-10-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3b2][2.3.5 beta] - xda-developers

MIUI was really pretty, and it was fun to have things set up a little differently, but I'd rather have all the basic functionality working and just tweak some options here and there. First thing I might be seeking are new lockscreens. MIUI has a 5 point lock screen that was pretty cool.

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Decks Rom in answer to tube!

Well all I can tell you, Is having used 1.3b2 since it appeared on the scene, I haven't seen one iota of difference between 1.3b and this updated rom, as of last night I added tiamats 3.3.7 kernel to see if there's any noticeable speed and performance differences (the judges are still out on that one). So to round up I must say I continue to be extremely pleased with decks releases, they are in a class all by themselves, and to this flasher they get better all the time! Rock on deck!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

Last edited:
Reactions: tube517

thunderkiss65

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay - thanks for the help everyone. I flashed back to Decks with the gapps + vvm, and this may be the setup I keep for a while. I think it has everything I want - barebones, fast, and as far as I know bug-free.

MIUI was really pretty, and it was fun to have things set up a little differently, but I'd rather have all the O.basic functionality working and just tweak some Ooptions here and there. First thing I might be seeking are new lockscreens. MIUI has a 5 point lock screen that was pretty cool.
Stupid question but does decks have toggles to turn mobil data and gps off etc. ?

Last edited:

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Stupid question but does decks have toggles to turn mobil data and gps off etc. ?

Yes - there's a notification widget where you can choose the buttons you want. It's not as elaborate as what is in MIUI (an entire screen of toggles), but I haven't had any problem picking 5-7 toggle buttons.

thunderkiss65

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

MIUI was really pretty, and it was fun to have things set up a little differently, but I'd rather have all the basic functionality working and just tweak some options here and there. First thing I might be seeking are new lockscreens. MIUI has a 5 point lock screen that was pretty cool.
Hello i am fixing to flash to deck, What kernal did you choose ? savaged tiamat ?

slammurai

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
OmG

I just had a heart attack I rooted my out of the box EVO with 2.3.3 after 3 weeks of waiting and like thunderkiss i am flashing EVolved Directors cut

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
One of the fastest roms i've tried so far is the salvage mod 1.3. This is fast and stable and I love aosp. I can't wait for the 1.4 version. I recommend you give it a try.

thunderkiss65

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been flashing different roms and kernels to see which one runs smooth and no bugs. Out of 4 different roms the sense roms if set up with the right kernels and governers seem to have good battery life and very snappy switching apps etc. I am on decks right now just to see how it feels. But I think ill go back to the sense based rom. Decks is good if you want the clean look and has great battery life as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

01S281

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with the program seeing my phone. I have my phone connected and opened the revolutionary app and it keeps saying waiting for device

slammurai

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been flashing different roms and kernels to see which one runs smooth and no bugs. Out of 4 different roms the sense roms if set up with the right kernels and governers seem to have good battery life and very snappy switching apps etc. I am on decks right now just to see how it feels. But I think ill go back to the sense based rom. Decks is good if you want the clean look and has great battery life as well.

I went looking for r3charged but couldn't don't it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

torbettr

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok I really need some help. My phone is running 2.3.5 and I have tried searching for any info i could find. I know this post is like 3 years since anyone has replied, but I am wondering if anyone has any info to help me out. My phone gets stuck in the boot loop and i have to do a restore almost every time the phone shuts down. I was hoping that rooting and flashing a custom rom would solve this. anyone have any input? Thanks a bunch!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX