I'm inheriting an EVO, some quick questions.

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, My dad is upgrading to an EVO 3D, that means I get his old EVO =D! I have an Optimus S, Rooted and ROMed. So... here I go...
1. How will I root it, he is running Gingerbread official.
2. Favorite ROM?
3. Will I be able to use a hotspot for free?

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, My dad is upgrading to an EVO 3D, that means I get his old EVO =D! I have an Optimus S, Rooted and ROMed. So... here I go...
1. How will I root it, he is running Gingerbread official. Still waiting for a root method for Gingerbread.
2. Favorite ROM? Depends if you like Sense or not. I prefer AOSP. The two in my sig are the ones I prefer.
3. Will I be able to use a hotspot for free? Yes the hotspot is unlocked on custom roms. For the stock roms there is a hack to unlock it on xda.

Reactions: jjshleprock

strikerage

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Prefer CM7 latest build myself. Mik and Kingsrom are great too, but i found CM7 to just run a whole lot smoother. For example: CM7 gives me SUPER smooth app drawer transitions using Golauncher, and i get the best 4g connection ive ever experienced with CM7 as well.

Kingsrom just encorporated the new Sense features which are really sweet! Looks and feels like 3.0 with the new app launching lock screen and caracel (sp) homescreen. 4g works but weak connection, yet has Sprint hotspot preloaded and free. Plus HUGE difference in the web browser. Iphone smooth scrolling with the browser. Not so with CM7.

Personally, i went back to CM7. Just feels more stable. Sense roms just seem to have more flashiness and less function.

mikevo

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
If that phone is updated to 2.3.3 then it's not rootable right now. No exploit to get s-off yet.

sent from my unrooted supersonic using the tapatalk app. being unrooted sucks!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20