Getting My Android Cherry Popped With Some News On The EVO 4G

PHADE

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
What's Up World........

I'm Currently A "WhackBerry" User But Soon Will Come To The Android Side (Waiting For The EVO 4G).

Decided To Join Today (4.21.10) Because Of Me Finding That The HTC EVO 4G Will Get Android 3.1 :rolleyes: (Looks Like It's A Fake, But Who Knows)

Is That True? Anybody Heard Of This? Click The Link: There's A Couple Of Screen Shots There!

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Would take me about 20 seconds to change "2.1" to "3.1" in a screen shot. And most of that would be load time for Photoshop.

Just sayin'...

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
What's Up World........

I'm Currently A "WhackBerry" User But Soon Will Come To The Android Side (Waiting For The EVO 4G).

Decided To Join Today (4.21.10) Because Of Me Finding That The HTC EVO 4G Will Get Android 3.1 :rolleyes: (Looks Like It's A Fake, But Who Knows)

Is That True? Anybody Heard Of This? Click The Link: There's A Couple Of Screen Shots There!

Hate to point out the obvious here but if you look at the photo it says T-Mobile at the top. The EVO is a Sprint exclusive so there is no way its running on T-Mobile's GSM network when the phone is a CDMA device. Also if you look at the model it's listed as HTC Phandroid so unless they post a screen shot showing this as the HTC EVO running on Sprint I'm saying this is a fake, but I guess will find out soon at Google Developers Conference next month.

Last edited:

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had to say this a number of times now. Anything from that OzcarGuide site should be ignored. I haven't seen one true story out of that thing. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
There is word going around that the EVO will not be running 2.1, but that it will be running 2.2 or 2.5 (just the numbers I have heard thrown around). The belief behind this is that it android 2.1 doesn't properly utilize 4G or something. I don't think there is going to be any serious difference between what the Evo and Incredible run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC