Ok so i seen hardware but what are software differences between EVO and Incredible

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
As far as the OS (Android 2.1 with Sense UI) yes. There will obviously different packaged software from Sprint and VZW. Pretty much, yeah, that is what you can expect.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
As far as the OS (Android 2.1 with Sense UI) yes. There will obviously different packaged software from Sprint and VZW. Pretty much, yeah, that is what you can expect.

As far as we know right now, this is correct. However, there are some rumors that android 2.1 isn't working 100% with 4G, and that Android 2.2 or 2.5 (just the number I heard) might ship on the Evo. But these are just rumors. I would expect to see 2.1 on the final build though.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
As far as we know right now, this is correct. However, there are some rumors that android 2.1 isn't working 100% with 4G, and that Android 2.2 or 2.5 (just the number I heard) might ship on the Evo. But these are just rumors. I would expect to see 2.1 on the final build though.

I had read something similar with this article about this:

Confirmed: HTC EVO 4G Will Run Froyo – The Next Version Of Android | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

but who knows, that came out a few weeks ago and don't see alot of talk about it.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I had as well. 4G technically isn't supported in 2.1 (much like CDMA isn't supported with 1.5). I'm sure HTC has patched it (or they are secretly running froyo and thats why no one has a screen shot of that screen on the phone?).

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I had as well. 4G technically isn't supported in 2.1 (much like CDMA isn't supported with 1.5). I'm sure HTC has patched it (or they are secretly running froyo and thats why no one has a screen shot of that screen on the phone?).

I've thought about that too and would be nice if its running froyo at release then wont have to wait a while for HTC to update sense and Sprint to push it out, but that could just be wishful thinking.