Another gingerbread query

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
OK so I finally got back my old phone with froyo 2.2 and couldn't be happier that its rooted.

My question is this.. you know those threads on xda forums stating they have seen rooted 2.3 gingerbread? Can I flash to that and still keep my root? Will everything work the same?

Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

smalltank

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Personally...I was always told..anytime you redo anything software..root will be lost because it isnt part of what is to be reloaded in the firmware or whatever they call it that knows what to reload specifically...make sense?

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can flash any of those custom ROMs because they are already rooted. Just don't run the stock RUU or PC36IMG file.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted, do NOT accept any OTA updates from Sprint.

If you are rooted, you can flash any GB rom.

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm a total noob so excuse my ignorance

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
no you don't have to rename every ROM you download to pcimg.zip or whatever, when you download it you place it on the root of the sd card. if you download it to your phone directly it will be placed there automatically, if you do it on your pc, then just open the sd card in explorer (if running windows) and place it in the first screen that opens. then either flash the ROM through clockwork recovery or the boot loader. if you do it through boot loader then you will have to restart you phone into recovery and go to "flash from zip" then "choose zip" then go down to the download folder and it will be in there. its pretty simple, however make sure that you wipe cache and dalvik cache before every flash if installing a ROM that differs from the one which you are replacing.

this may sound like alot, but if you do it a couple of times you will have it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20