Thoughts on upgrading to Evo

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Currently have a LG Optimus S rooted and fully enjoying it. Its quick and speedy and overall a great experience. My brother got some really good incentives at a sprint store to upgrade from his evo 4G to the Evo 3D and wants to give me his evo. Unfortunately he has done all of the updates and is totally current with GB 2.3.3 which doesn't look like it will be rooted anytime soon. Is it worth the upgrade to a stock. All opinions welcome. TIA

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Take the EVO and put it away until root comes out!(or sell it and buy an EVO with froyo) I took my stepsons EVO(after he grabbed a 3d) , had to get it swapped for a new one, and got stuck with 2.3.3...... Hate it. Have it on Craigslist for trade for a nexus s or epic, but not getting any takers. Gonna try to sell this EVO and then buy a used one with froyo on it. My Scott pilgram'ed optimus ran so much better than this. Of course, I do prefer this larger screen, so I haven't gone back to my optimus yet......

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Beerman78

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I still have Froyo on my EVO. Kinda don't want to upgrade case I don't want my EVO to get messed up. What's so bad about GB. It seems like its fine for some people. The EVO rules, 6 people since me all upgraded to it the EVO.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I still have Froyo on my EVO. Kinda don't want to upgrade case I don't want my EVO to get messed up. What's so bad about GB. It seems like its fine for some people. The EVO rules, 6 people since me all upgraded to it the EVO.

You can't root it

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is just my problem. I have a rooted phone that I really like still on froyo (possibly GB any day now through root), and I would certainly have a better device in the EVO but from the looks of it may not even get root. It sounds as tough the phone is a little slow and laggy. I appreciate all of the feedback everyone. I will keep my eyes out and I do think I will upgrade to the bigger screen and faster phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz