04-28-2010 11:50 AM
37 12
tools
    I like that the first sentence in that article is "These days, you can never take a customer service rep at their word; most have no idea what they're talking about." Yet the entire basis for the release dates they claim is from an online transcript talking to a SPRINT REP. :rolleyes:
    04-27-2010 10:28 AM
    Coming from the VZW Nexus One board...I'm going to learn a lesson, never get too invested into rumors and speculation! However, since I will now be getting the EVO...of course I will be here often listening to every rumor! Even though the VZW Nexus One was a bust...the Incredible rumors turned out to be pretty spot on, thanks to Best Buy. Hopefully we'll be able to get info the same way on the EVO!
    04-27-2010 11:38 AM
    I'm right there with you Tatter. I've been at the end of my US Cellular contract since December. Looking to switch networks and waiting for an awesome phone. I had my sights set on the N1 for Verizon but now that's history. I could wait for the N1 on Sprint but the Evo just trumps the N1 in the hardware department. Overall I think I'll be happier with the Evo.
    04-27-2010 11:51 AM
    I'm right there with you Tatter. I've been at the end of my US Cellular contract since December. Looking to switch networks and waiting for an awesome phone. I had my sights set on the N1 for Verizon but now that's history. I could wait for the N1 on Sprint but the Evo just trumps the N1 in the hardware department. Overall I think I'll be happier with the Evo.

truely i think this is a great decision. I have been on all 3 networks (sprint, Verizon, At&t) and i must admit, Sprint with the best mobile plan pricing, and their network added, is a GREAT choice. PLUS, soon having the best phone on the market is going to be pretty amazing.
    04-27-2010 11:56 AM
    I agree Sprint's pricing cannot be beat. I was looking at spending at least another 30 dollars a month for a comparable Verizon plan.
    04-27-2010 12:16 PM
    I've been on Sprint for the past 5 years...I have a corporate 22% discount(which is available on all 4 major carriers), they roam free on VZW, they start nights and weekends at 7pm, they have any mobile for free...and all for cheaper than VZW. VZW does have better coverage...mostly 3G coverage. Since you can roam on their towers, we have the same call coverage as they do. I was a bit worried about the trackball on N1, and the touch screen. The EVO takes care of both of these issues, with a bigger screen!
    04-27-2010 12:48 PM
    Well looks like apples iphone event will be on June 7. Just guessing really but I'm really thinking that sprint will launch first in order to take away customers from the iphone.
    04-28-2010 10:00 AM
    Well looks like apples iphone event will be on June 7. Just guessing really but I'm really thinking that sprint will launch first in order to take away customers from the iphone.
    Funny you would say that, I started a thread on exactly that ust a while ago.
    04-28-2010 10:33 AM
    I'm definitely no marketer, but it's not obvious to me that announcing just before Apple makes sense. You get a week of lead time and favorable press, then Apple sucks the air out of the room with whatever they announce.

While I'm waiting anxiously for the Evo, I'm wondering if it makes more economic sense for Sprint to tease heavily with more and more information about the Evo up to and during Apple's event, then release a week later to steal their thunder.

(Don't stone me. I'm hoping for a 6/1 release date, which is when I become eligable for a discounted phone).
    04-28-2010 10:41 AM
    Funny you would say that, I started a thread on exactly that ust a while ago.
    Sorry seen it on bgr. Should have checked first.
    04-28-2010 11:15 AM
    We all need to watch out for the FCC passing as well. It has not been christened by the FCC yet. FCC Model number should be NM8PC36100. Generally after it hits FCC approval, it will be out within a month or so!
    04-28-2010 11:17 AM
    Sorry seen it on bgr. Should have checked first.
    Haha...we both posted it at 11 am, not sure who was first!
    04-28-2010 11:50 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD