TELNAV-always says RESTARTING?

dmrdsm

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the update, I have had alot of problems. Won't go into all of the factory resets I've done, hours I've spend researching solutions and everything else. I've removed all of my app/shortcuts/widgets from my desk top and have refrained from using my camera and GPS because of the lockups, HTC white screen of death reboot, and everything else I've been experiecing. Only have a couple of em icons, my manage settings, profile, mobile, powerbar, messages, people and google search on my desk top ( do not have TELNAV on my desktop, but of course it sits in ALL APPS).

When I go to MANAGE SETTINGS>RUNNING>TELNAV though, it aways sits there saying RESTARTING. It always says that. When I turn on the phone in the morning,durining the day...it always says that. It shows memory of 0. If I force stop it, it stops. But the next day after I've shut off the phone and turned it back on, there it sits again saying it is restarting. Only once in the past two weeks have I seen it say anything else and that's because I started up TELNAV. Later that day, I looked at my settings and there were 2 TELNAVs running. The 2nd one had started up an hour after the first one.

My husband has an EVO with the GB update and his has been fine. His TELNAV shows it's running (which granted, I had it, but understand that is the way it is since the update)

Since this is a native app, I'm not finding anything I can do to change this. Anyone know if there is something I can do?

rockdiesel

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the update, I have had alot of problems. Won't go into all of the factory resets I've done, hours I've spend researching solutions and everything else. I've removed all of my app/shortcuts/widgets from my desk top and have refrained from using my camera and GPS because of the lockups, HTC white screen of death reboot, and everything else I've been experiecing. Only have a couple of em icons, my manage settings, profile, mobile, powerbar, messages, people and google search on my desk top ( do not have TELNAV on my desktop, but of course it sits in ALL APPS).

When I go to MANAGE SETTINGS>RUNNING>TELNAV though, it aways sits there saying RESTARTING. It always says that. When I turn on the phone in the morning,durining the day...it always says that. It shows memory of 0. If I force stop it, it stops. But the next day after I've shut off the phone and turned it back on, there it sits again saying it is restarting. Only once in the past two weeks have I seen it say anything else and that's because I started up TELNAV. Later that day, I looked at my settings and there were 2 TELNAVs running. The 2nd one had started up an hour after the first one.

My husband has an EVO with the GB update and his has been fine. His TELNAV shows it's running (which granted, I had it, but understand that is the way it is since the update)

Since this is a native app, I'm not finding anything I can do to change this. Anyone know if there is something I can do?

I have also noticed this. It shows TeleNav having 0 processes and 1 service and it always states restarting. I just force stop it. I have no idea why it does this.

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this too on my evo 3d. Other apps do it too like gun brothers. I haven't even played it in two weeks but it still shows in running apps.