How to remove password lock

Rizzy_x

Jun 19, 2011
www.rizzleman716.tumblr.com
I know this has been asked before, but most of the people are on Exchange servers. I have a password set, but I can't figure out how to remove the password pattern from my phone. Can anyone help?

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You have to know the original pattern I believe and remove it the same way you set it up, or you have to do a hard reset and lose all your data...

NewMexes

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks MengTian. This helped. The only thing I would add is that on the Droid Incredible at least, I needed to click "Continue" instead of "OK" to get to the screen to choose "None",

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to removing the password without doing a hard reset. I have fworgotten the pattern.
I think if you try so many times it will ask if you to reset to a new one... i think...lol
Also You could power off and restart it in safe mode and see if you can disable

First of all, Shut down the device. If the power button doesn?t work, pull the battery out of the unit, then replace it.
Turn on the device.
When the ?HTC quietly brilliant? splash screen comes up, press and hold volume down, until you get a long vibrate response.
Then you can release the volume button.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I think if you try so many times it will ask if you to reset to a new one... i think...lol
Also You could power off and restart it in safe mode and see if you can disable

First of all, Shut down the device. If the power button doesn?t work, pull the battery out of the unit, then replace it.
Turn on the device.
When the ?HTC quietly brilliant? splash screen comes up, press and hold volume down, until you get a long vibrate response.
Then you can release the volume button.

After you get it wrong after the initial 5 errors, it will ask you if you want to unlock using your GMail information. After signing in, you'll be prompted to create a new password, etc, etc.

Sarge3

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
How to remove password lock with Version 4.4.2, SGS3

I know my password but cannot find how to remove the lock.
My version does not ask for PW in the security section to enable me to remove the lock.
Thanks,

Andrew M1

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
When I try to do this, the option "none" is grey and I cannot click on it. I do not have an exchange email. Why could this be happening?

sonthosh

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
s it possible to open my password protected secure gallery of my galaxy s4 with the developer options or usb debugging with a laptop?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance