Brand New Evo won't find updates OTA

Gracon

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my wife picked up an Evo 4G this week on a sale and has been running into issues with it. The marketplace is constantly giving database errors, and the wifi seems to drop and reconnect every few minutes too.

Looking at the software version, it seems to be running version 1.47.651.1. I did a little research, as I am new to Android too, and this seems to be the very first update version of the software...pre-Froyo.

I've tried going into the software update section and looking for updates in the Firmware and Software menus, but it just comes back saying that there are no updates to the phone. I've also tried syncing the profile and the PRL options and then checking for updates again, but no luck.

What's the best way to get the phone to update? She took it back into the Sprint store today, but they were useless and told her to just use it and keep checking back for updates. Does she have to go through some sort of waiting period before the phone will start getting updates?

Thanks for any help.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my wife picked up an Evo 4G this week on a sale and has been running into issues with it. The marketplace is constantly giving database errors, and the wifi seems to drop and reconnect every few minutes too.

Looking at the software version, it seems to be running version 1.47.651.1. I did a little research, as I am new to Android too, and this seems to be the very first update version of the software...pre-Froyo.

I've tried going into the software update section and looking for updates in the Firmware and Software menus, but it just comes back saying that there are no updates to the phone. I've also tried syncing the profile and the PRL options and then checking for updates again, but no luck.

What's the best way to get the phone to update? She took it back into the Sprint store today, but they were useless and told her to just use it and keep checking back for updates. Does she have to go through some sort of waiting period before the phone will start getting updates?

Thanks for any help.

I would try a factory reset. The last android version should be 2.3 or gingerbread

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If youve ever thought about rooting, don't update. Root first then update.

Other than that, factory reset or an ruu will update ya.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Gracon

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Factory Reset didn't work. Tried it both ways....in the Privacy menu and by the bootloader and cleaning data from there.

I found another post that describes the RUU process for reverting to 2.1, but I'm not sure how it would work for upgrading...do I have to install each package in order?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So I take it, you don't wanna root? ;)

Go in the root section and use the unrooting guide with a later update, you're not in rooting but its the same process.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gracon

Gracon

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey, thanks a lot, that worked. Got it updated to Froyo and now the OTA update for Gingerbread is downloading. So much more helpful then the Sprint Techs. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol