Wi-Fi Issue

Kid Icarus

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys and girls,

Ever since I unfortunately updated my Evo to gingerbread, I havent been able to use my wifi. I can turn it on but once i do that it goes into a scan loop. It wont even let me add my own wifi. I'm able to enter the information but nothing shows up under the add wifi network tab. Has anybody else had this issue? Im thinking of taking my phone to sprint and asking for a new one. I've only had it since June (was fresh out the box as a gift) and never had this problem before the update. Thanks in advance.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. make sure your wifi router is set to B/G and not just N.
2. test turning off encryption on your wifi router.
3. test EVO with another wifi router.

good luck.

Kid Icarus

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all of that already and everything worked fine until i updated to gingerbread. As soon as i turn on my wifi on my EVO, it scans automatically, says unable to find wifi, turns itself off, turns itself back on again, and then rescans on its own. And like i said, even if i were to enter the SSID and WEP manually, it doesnt even show up on the phone because it keeps looping itself until i pull the battery. :confused: very irritating.

Hot Shot

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
1. make sure your wifi router is set to B/G and not just N.
2. test turning off encryption on your wifi router.
3. test EVO with another wifi router.

good luck.
I have the same problem on my 6 month old DX. thinking of going to the verizon store and asking for a new one. Is this a phone problem or ginger bread problem ??

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
did you ever get this resolved? also have you installed wifi tether from the market. I ask because if you did it kills your wifi after the GB update, even if you dont use it. very strange but true. if you did you can uninstall the wifi tether or there is a bin file you can download to fix it. wont do you any good though if youre not rooted