i am pretty sure that i can use my stock charger to juice up my htc evo 4g in south korea, as long as i get the little prong adapter thing to make it physically fit in the wall socket. does anyone have info that will verify this? although i am pretty sure, the last thing i need is to come back to the states with a fried phone!
    07-21-2011 07:10 PM
    i am pretty sure that i can use my stock charger to juice up my htc evo 4g in south korea, as long as i get the little prong adapter thing to make it physically fit in the wall socket. does anyone have info that will verify this? although i am pretty sure, the last thing i need is to come back to the states with a fried phone!
    U should be fine

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    07-21-2011 07:24 PM
    U should be fine

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    I hope it works but be careful?

I heard South Korea uses 240 volts A/C unlike the USA voltage rating of 120 A/C
    07-22-2011 05:06 AM
    Yeah, like HawaiiD said, you better verify the voltage. I fried a VCR (bought in the US) trying to plug it in, while in another country.
    07-22-2011 07:54 AM
    Both my HTC and Samsung wall adapters have the input rating right on them. The HTC reads 100-240VAC at 50-60Hz.
    http://users.telenet.be/worldstandar...#voltage_table claims South Korea operates at 110/220V @ 60Hz. I'd think it's fine. You can always look at the back of a TV in the hotel room to see what its input power ratings are--it's usually somewhere near where the electrical cord enters the back of the TV.
    07-24-2011 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD