Hdmi video out!

Kic360

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I just recently purchased a micro hdmi cable to connect my evo to my tv, but my tv does not recognize a signal.Wanted to show a relative some pictures on the 60 inch, but no go.What am I missing here? I have the latest update from Sprint.

Kic360

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried the slide show and a different resolution, but had no luck. Even went to my local Sprint store for help and they seemed clueless.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its possible you have a bad cable.
Mine worked right off the bat but i have read that some people seem to have problems. In those cases a replacement cable or cable by a different vendor worked.

Kic360

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Decided to go to Fry's Electronics to try another hdmi cable and no luck again,so there has to be something going on with my phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

phrosty

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Except i am not rooted so i cant use any of those apps you suggested.

Sent from my EVO 4g using tapatalk.

Last edited:

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Its possible you have a bad cable.
Mine worked right off the bat but i have read that some people seem to have problems. In those cases a replacement cable or cable by a different vendor worked.
This could very well be the case. I had bought a cheap cable from Amazon, I think it was sold by a third party. It would only work intermittently, and most of the time not at all.

Bought another cable from MonoPrice, and it works wonderfully.

I don't know about the quality of HDMI cables sold at Frys, especially if it's one of the cheaper ones. Give MonoPrice a try--they come highly recommended from the AVS forums, and are quite inexpensive, as well. You do have to pay shipping charges, however, unless you live close enough to do a pick-up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes