I just got the htc evo 4g and the yahoo mail app, and when i get an email or send one to myself i get no notification or sound from my phone, I had no problem with this app when i had it on my lg optimus v. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.

please help, thanks.
    07-27-2011 09:56 PM
    Anyone?
    07-28-2011 08:13 AM
    Weip, I use Pure Messenger widget, which has a full screen scrollable widget, and skinable, that works with Go Launcher EX and a few other launchers. And I use K9FP which works with Pure Messenger widget.

I get my emails, Yahoo and gmail on a home screen and all my email notifications without fail.
    07-28-2011 09:08 AM
    I did not want to have to pay for an app, i have tried it with yahoo mail and the stock mail app that come with the phone, nether giving me notifications.
    07-28-2011 09:32 AM
    I did not want to have to pay for an app, i have tried it with yahoo mail and the stock mail app that come with the phone, nether giving me notifications.
    I guess it depends on what you want out of your phone. Pure Messenger widget is payware, but cheap. Go Launcher EX is free, K9FP is free.

The default email clients don't work right, never have........

Edit;
    Or try the regular K9 email client, free and in the Market....
    07-28-2011 09:45 AM
    07-28-2011 10:41 AM
    I have had this same issue for the past few weeks now (no notifications in the status bar, no sounds). I have missed out on some opportunities (work related, slick deals etc) due to this bug by not getting notified promptly, it has definitely been a annoying bug.

I have tried everything as far re-installing yahoo mail app, trying other apps such as K-9, changing all different kinds of settings within android and within the yahoo app.

However, I got the notifications to work today! (knock on wood)

I went to:

Options >> General Settings >> About Mail >> Report a Problem

and I reported the issue through the app, saying something along the lines of "I am not getting notifications in the status bar on my Android device. It used to work just fine"

Within 30 minutes of me sending that report, my notifications started working again! It could be a coincidence. Or perhaps Yahoo did something on the backend. I am not sure, but it is defintely worth a try for those of you still having trouble.

BTW, I do use Gmail and it is great, but I just prefer to use both. Dammit I use too much Googles! (Search, Gmail, Chrome, Android, Voice, Plus, Maps, Docs etc)
    09-14-2011 03:45 PM
    I tried the Yahoo app & had the same issues so I deleted it & just added my Yahoo account to the native mail app & I haven't had an issue with missed notifications since. I think there's an issue with the app running on the Evo because I know a few people that had this same issue.
    09-14-2011 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD