Contacts Question

rykatemom

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Heya all,

So, I've pored through the forums, and found several threads that had similar issues, and tried the solutions offered within to no avail. I'm fairly new to Android, but learning my way around very quickly, coming from a launch-day Pre.

My question is this: my Evo started being a little titchy over the weekend, and I couldn't pin down what the problem was so I backed up my data and did a factory reset. Reinstalled apps one at a time, restored data, and everything is running beautifully again. My guess was that the OS just got a bug up it's butt and needed to remember that I'm in charge. :p Anyway, I noticed that my contact image for myself, the one that shows up in text messaging (I use the stock messaging app, I like it), is blank. Before I restored my Evo over the weekend it was my Facebook profile pic, which I liked. I cannot for the life of me seem to get my Facebook profile pic to show up again as my contact image for myself. I've removed and re-entered my Facebook profile, removed and re-entered my gmail profile (I only have one gmail acct), and checked to make sure sync was on and working. All my other contacts have their FB profile pics showing up as the contact image with no problems; it's only mine that won't show up.

Help please? I'm running a stock GB Evo 4G (patiently waiting for root, as this came with GB out of the box so I've never gotten to play with root *sadface*), the stock FB app (I don't actively use the FB for Sense app, although the account is through it as HTC forces me to do so), and the stock "People" app.

Thanks in advance! :D

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Download your facebook profile pic and save it to the sd card on the evo. Set up your own contact information in 'People' including you phone, emails address etc, Click on your contact and click the menu button, chose edit, click on the blank pic or default pic in the top left hand corner and browse your photo album file or 'all downloads' to locate your photo.
Easy to do but everytime I go to change someone profile pic, I forget how to do it as there is not a menu button for it.
Once your pic is in your contact, it will come up in text or voice mail or any other function linked to contacts.

Also try this- thanks to FireDroidGuy
goto settings then accounts then click on facebook and make sure you have the sync contacts checked then back out and click sync all

Last edited:
Reactions: rykatemom

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
there may be a more direct way, but... go into messaging, select a conversation where you noticed that your photo is missing, tap the blank photo, you should see your "contact card", tap menu, tap edit, tap the blank photo again, then select facebook

Reactions: rykatemom