Why didnt you upgrade to the HTC EVO 3D?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering!

I know a lot of people did and others did not. What was your turn off to the new E3D? This is my first HTC/Android phone and I love it so far! Just wondering what others are thinking!

txfarmboy

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
First, wasn't time for an upgrade. Second, I already have the EVO. The E3D wasn't a big enough upgrade for me to think about making that jump. Just me though.

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Blackberry to Android about 3 weeks ago. When I upgraded the EVO was free at Radio Shack and the EVO 3D was $199.99. It was a no-brainer for me. Next year when I’m eligible again, maybe I’ll look at the 3D if it’s in that under $50 range.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm good with my EVO until I'm eligible for an upgrade in June '12. Just not enough of an upgrade for me to do it early.

By then, an even better phone will be out.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
the true successor to the EVO 4G was not the EVO 3D. the true successor must have -

1. 4.5-5" display with little/no bezel, no capacitive buttons, and ice cream sammmmmich.
2. dual core processor or better.
3. no 3D gimmicks or ugly cameras and buttons and switches.
4. LOTS of internal free RAM - 1-2GB+.

you can call it the EVO "HD".

Reactions: milominderbinde

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my EVO 4G in May. ( I got my wife the 3VO) I can have a 3VO rom on my phone. Of course it's not as fast but that's fine w/me. As others have said, it wasn't worth (to me) using an upgrade. With so many roms out there for the EVO 4G plus I have Decks rom, to hold me until the Nexus 3 or Samgung GS2 or EVO 2012. I am a pretty patient person so I don't need the latest, greatest thing. It's pretty fast with Decks so I'm fine.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
the true successor to the EVO 4G was not the EVO 3D. the true successor must have -

1. 4.5-5" display with little/no bezel, no capacitive buttons, and ice cream sammmmmich.
2. dual core processor or better.
3. no 3D gimmicks or ugly cameras and buttons and switches.
4. LOTS of internal free RAM - 1-2GB+.

you can call it the EVO "HD".

Seems to me like youre looking for a tablet :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: crzycrkr

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Seems to me like youre looking for a tablet :p

negative. slim down the bezel and get rid of the capactive buttons (via ice cream sammmmmmmich) and you can easily do a 4.5-5.0" display in close to an EVO 4G size and form factor.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm not eligible for an upgrade until...forever. Secondly, the Evo 3D felt too much like my Evo. It looked exactly the same. And I already had a Sense 3.0 ROM on my phone. So it was nothing new to me.

But if I were eligible for an upgrade, I'd choose either the Photon or GSII.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
As with many others have said, my upgrade isn't available yet, plus I don't want the feature of 3D. Yeah I know you can just turn it off but if I don't want the feature then I don't want it on the phone to begin with. Duel cameras in the back are ugly, sorry. So I'll wait until next year to see what all is available.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
negative. slim down the bezel and get rid of the capactive buttons (via ice cream sammmmmmmich) and you can easily do a 4.5-5.0" display in close to an EVO 4G size and form factor.

Only if you neglect too have a speaker on the front for voice. 4.5 yes, but 5 inches... look at the dell streak.
As for Ice Cream Sandwich, ill have it on my nexus s 4g by the end of the year hopefully :D

Okay, ill stop trolling you guys now. ;)

Reactions: spiveyb1

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
my wife got the Evo 4g because it was free, about a week ago. I traded my EVO 4g in and upgraded to the Evo3d for $50. Well worth it.

As for the 3d part itself. It is really a small part of the phone. It isn't like everything is in 3d unless you turn it off. The switch is for the camera Only. So you can select between taking 3d pictures and videos or normal 2d. Anything in 3d automatically becomes 3d. The interface, etc is all 2d.

Even without the 3d, the Evo 3d kicks the evo 4g's butt. I have had both, and I love them both. Not being a blind fanboy. If it wasn't for the trade in, I would not have gotten the Evo3d. Now that I have it, I say it is worth the full $199

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Because I got a Photon instead ;-) I was tired of Sense and frankly the camera on the back of the 3vo is just ugly.

Sent from my Photon

kchitown1977

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Since sprint had to go and change they're premier program won't be able to upgrade and for more than a year. They should of only did that for new customers. I been loyal customer since 2005 why should we have to suffer. How many others have had to suffer. And 3D isn't even that great anyways.
:-\

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
When your a phonejunkie you have to buy all the new latest and greatest. I got the EVO 3D and the Photon. Anyone trying to decide between those 2, get the 3D, the software on the Photon is really lacking when compared to HTC. The screen on the 3D also looks better IMO. Don't get me wrong the Photon is another nice Android phone from Sprint, I just find myself wishing for different things in the UI, and nearly all of them are in Sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad