htc sense force closing affer getting off browserr

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
No fix available, although HTC reps have been quoted as saying that they're working on it.

Turning off "Fast Boot" helps a little bit, but only a little bit--you're still going to get the Sense reboot, just not quite as often.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just decided to go with a work around rather than wait for a fix... I switched launchers. I am using LauncherPro now, and all seems well.

donnie623

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think its a Gingerbread issue....my wife has the evo shift and just downloaded the gb update and now her phone is doing the same thing. It is so annoying!!

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here on my EVO. I did however read that if you go to you settings and go into applications and click manage and then click all, scroll down to HTC sense and go into it click force close or clear data and it should fix the problem. I've done this and it seems to work. Very seldom does it do it anymore. Now the bad part is that when you force close or clear data you have set up your screen again. But it should work of at least make it not do it very often. Hope this helps! EVO 4G

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here on my EVO. I did however read that if you go to you settings and go into applications and click manage and then click all, scroll down to HTC sense and go into it click force close or clear data and it should fix the problem. I've done this and it seems to work. Very seldom does it do it anymore. Now the bad part is that when you force close or clear data you have set up your screen again. But it should work of at least make it not do it very often. Hope this helps! EVO 4G
I've tried that. Didn't work for me, unfortunately.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think its a Gingerbread issue....my wife has the evo shift and just downloaded the gb update and now her phone is doing the same thing. It is so annoying!!

Yeah, I think it's GB/Sense. I never have this issue on Decks Rom but if I have a sense 2.1/3.0 gingerbread rom, it happens.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

be careful clearing the cache of Sense. it will remove and delete your saved custom personalized Scenes.