powered my Evo on to see if it still works and I just realized...

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I miss using this thing as my phone. :( Even though my previous one had a burned out charge port, but besides that, it's a fantastic phone and has done everything I wanted it to do.

I just wished I had rooted it before GB.

I enjoy my NS4G, but my Evo was really my first "full" Android phone and I still miss that big touchscreen and the snapdragon processor and can't believe I am saying this, but HTC Sense.

Though, I will never buy the Evo 3D so don't suggest it lol.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: powered my Evo on to see if it still works and I just realize

I know the feeling. I also had the Evo until it died on me. I have the Nexus S 4G for the past 3 weeks and still learning to get use to it. The Evo was a great phone that worked for my needs. I found it especially useful in the car when I mounted it for Google Nav.

Every so often I take an eye on the the on-line classifieds to see if anyone was selling their Evo for a good price.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I know what you mean. When my first Evi broke, i was devastated. I thought about selling it once i got fhe NS4G but i couldn't do it

Tophersky

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

I know the feeling. I also had the Evo until it died on me. I have the Nexus S 4G for the past 3 weeks and still learning to get use to it. The Evo was a great phone that worked for my needs. I found it especially useful in the car when I mounted it for Google Nav.

Every so often I take an eye on the the on-line classifieds to see if anyone was selling their Evo for a good price.
As soon as the iPhone comes to Sprint, I will be selling my Evo.

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You'd have to pry my evo outta my dead hand to get it, and sorry but iPhones are too wimpy for this og evo lover! I like it toooooooo much!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

Reactions: User One

meangreenstebo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

My EVO crapped out on me - well, I crapped it out on accident by talking to someone in the Texas heat with sweat dripping off my head all over the handset. some moisture got stuck in the screen and it kept thinking that I was pushing the touchscreen in a certain place. It was like a ghost had taken over the phone!

By the way - if something like this happens to you but it will still power up- I took it to Best Buy and they bought it from me for $138 bucks. They will do whatever it needs to clean it up/fix it and resell it as a refurb. It was a great phone for the last year and 3 months.

I have an extended battery and cover that Best Buy did not want - if anyone wants it, shoot me a PM with your address and I will pop it in the mail, my gift to a fellow EVO lover. You get more money for your old phone if you choose a Best Buy gift card so I used the card to get a brand spanking new Nexus S4G and media dock. It was time for something new and I didn't even think about using it for another EVO - just wanted so bad to try Vanilla Android.

I don't want to come off like a salesman for the Nexus but if you are seriously waiting for the iPhone to come to Sprint - you should just go get the Nexus. Among other phones, I have owned an EVO, an iPhone, and now the Nexus - the Nexus and iPhone are nearly identical. The vanilla Android software is what Google would have preferred when they launched this idea but they had a lot of catching up to do and making the software free to any manufacturer that would take it is what built up the name. That same marketing tactic has (unfortunately) been the biggest problem with non-tech Android users that just want something simple that works. The overlays are hurting the movement in my opinion. I could never go back to Sense/Blur/Touchwiz/etc... I am rocking the Nexus on a stock battery and EASILY making it through 12 hour days. When I had my EVO, I had two regular batteries and an extended battery and sometimes the three of them would not even make it through the day, even with everything turned off (really sucked to have syncing turned off to save battery) and only the default radios going. Never used the bluetooth, never used the 4G - it would kill the battery too fast when combined with the bloatware. Just too much going on.

In my humble opinion - these phones would not need dual core processors if the manufacturers would just use Android the way it is... My EVO was going nuts the last month, before and after the sweaty head incident. Rebooting itself and locking up constantly. Tech users can get the most out of these phones by rooting but your regular Joe's and Jill's (like my father, myself, my girlfriend and all her friends) get frustrated and pissed off dealing with all the conflicting and buggy overlays loaded with bloatware and poor battery life. I just hope that someday HTC makes a Vanilla Android phone because I prefer the build quality over Samsung. Before you all tell me that I should have rooted - that was the plan but with no code out and not knowing any better, I didn't know how much better clean Android experience could be. And while I do like to tinker, I don't think I should have to constantly tinker with a phone to get all features to work every time a new software release comes out. Keep it simple!

Seriously - if anyone wants the extended battery and extended battery cover, shoot me a PM and I will pop it in the mail for you. I even have a wall battery charger that I can send with them. Just let me know.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol