05-09-2010 03:39 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    i seriously doubt sprint is delaying the release of the evo for further 4G rollout.

They're holding out because they want 4G to be in as many big cities as possible when they release it. Wimax is supposed to add a bunch of places by summer.
    05-08-2010 06:26 AM
    And that's what a lot of people forget. The EVO will be on Sprint! Not the best service in the world. On top of that 4g isn't everywhere. It will only benfit those in the select cities. That's why I don't get why everyone is excited about this phone. Its main feature isn't available to everyone.
    Sprint has one of the best networks hands down however. If you are in their coverage area (which a lot of the major metro areas are) you will love the network. I've done testing with all of the major carriers, and Sprint is definitely the best. Verizon is close, but not as consistent as Sprint.

Sprint is doing the same thing they did with the Pre. Waiting until June. If I'm not mistaken, some of the iPhone contracts (first adopters) are close to being up in June as well. They are thinking that is the best time to try to get folks to jump to the latest greatest phone...
    05-08-2010 09:59 AM
    i seriously doubt sprint is delaying the release of the evo for further 4G rollout.
    Agreed. The phone will be a beast on any 3G+ network. It would be one thing if the voice portion of the phone used 4G network that they would wait. But we know that isn't true. That will still be on the previous CDMA network.
    05-08-2010 10:01 AM
    So I'm jumping the At&t and Iphone ship. I really want to go to a android phone. So I figured the Evo would be perfect. I'm kind of confused on why its taking Sprint so long to get the phone out to the market. Its losing a lot of steam right now....With the Incredible coming out and the Iphone coming out soon, Sprint is sure to lose those customers that were going to go to them just because of the Evo. I know there will always be a bigger and better phone coming out every other month it seems, but come on Sprint. I guess I'm impatient. So in closing on my mini rant, should I hold out for the EVO even though my city doesn't have 4G?
    Have some patience buddy it says summer... is it summer no it is not you kinda ruin it for youself everyone is gonna have a really cool phone and your gonna be stuck with an old iphone. Even if your city doesnt have 4G it will eventually inless you live in like middle of nowwhere but still 3G works perfectly fine with this phone...this phone will be hottest phone of the year
    05-08-2010 10:23 AM
    I don't get the wait to release because contracts are over argument.
    If the phone is released "early" and people want it they' get it.
    I think Sprint, I thought it was Palm themselves last year, is trying to compete with the iPhone directly.
    This launch won't go over so well if the rumored specs of the new iPhone are close to accurate and if they do announce a VZ iPhone it'll be another "disaster" for Sprint.

Also this new 30 day guaratee is NOT going to help. Buy an Evo to play with for the intent purpose to return it when the iPhone is released.

I like Sprint and am getting this for myself with Android on-board app development is not and issue like for the Pre so if this particular phone does sell well it'l not be a big issue. Just add to the uniqueness of the device.

Yeah, I have little faith in Sprint pulling off sucessflu phone launches of any kind.
    05-08-2010 10:26 AM
    The VZ iPhone is dead. Att still has exclusive rights because of iPad data pricing, I can not find the link to the story about this. I agree with get it out ASAP, those that want it will get it.
    05-08-2010 02:48 PM
    I don't really get much of the simultaneous voice/data arguments. What is that truly useful for? When you are doing things like that, you would most likely be in an area of wifi.
    Google navigation cache's the entire route before guiding you, so you still get voice guided directions, no map.... but do you really want to be talking, looking at a map and driving?
    GPS and phone calls. This is the WORST.
    Wifi router and phone calls. Talk about getting me heated.
    Bluetooth headset calls and sending emails or surfing.
    Bluetooth headset calls and remoting into my home pc. I like to make a date to watch a movie and while I am talking to the girl remote to my PC and download it so when I get home we can watch it. Also convient for ordering a pizza and looking like a true badass.

I NEED voice and data to happen at the same time. That is the biggest feature AT&T has to me. Also SIM cards would be nice. I can think of probably 50 scenarios where I need this in my day to day usage.
    05-09-2010 03:39 PM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD