Evo spotted at Sprint Store

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
There is a rumor a guy in a local store was playing with it and showing it off a little i am gonna swing by the store and see if i can get anything maybe a better photo or a chance to touch it and feel dirty. Most likely what i think it is though and just a rumor :(. I will let everyone know.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
There is a rumor a guy in a local store was playing with it and showing it off a little i am gonna swing by the store and see if i can get anything maybe a better photo or a chance to touch it and feel dirty. Most likely what i think it is though and just a rumor :(. I will let everyone know.

Good luck!

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
All should be unveiled on the 12th ... and for the next 8 days we will all continue to grab for stories hinting at a release date. Alas, I am as guilty as the rest.

I am betting that it will be released on the 22nd, the weekend after the Google I|O. Because of the timing, there may be a chance that the Evo will have FroYo on it, but I am betting google will save that for a vanilla Android handset.

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
So I went into the store and to my surprise there was an EVO there unfortunately the sprint rep would not let me take a photo, I tried a couple times but I didn’t wanna press my luck. I got to hold the phone and play a little. He showed us some youtube HQ (but it was 3g so streaming was not as fast) and I got to hold it for about 30 seconds and it felt nice in the hand, its a little heavier than my Hero but I knew that would be. All in all just getting to touch it made me more excited and I am gonna go back today with a buddy to see if he can have the same experience ( kind of feels like I am taking him to a dealer to get him his fix). I will try again to get a photo hopefully the rep won’t be on as high alert.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So I went into the store and to my surprise there was an EVO there unfortunately the sprint rep would not let me take a photo, I tried a couple times but I didn?t wanna press my luck. I got to hold the phone and play a little. He showed us some youtube HQ (but it was 3g so streaming was not as fast) and I got to hold it for about 30 seconds and it felt nice in the hand, its a little heavier than my Hero but I knew that would be. All in all just getting to touch it made me more excited and I am gonna go back today with a buddy to see if he can have the same experience ( kind of feels like I am taking him to a dealer to get him his fix). I will try again to get a photo hopefully the rep won?t be on as high alert.

Dude....the worst they can do is throw you out...lol. Just disable the shutter sound and the flash, let your buddy hold it, and you pretend to be texting and shoot a couple of shots.

I have to ask, what city are you in?

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I am in Iowa, I made the mistake of asking if I could take a picture he told me no and was watching me as I tried a few times after that, it was not for a lack of trying ( I just wanted a chance to use it or at least hold it before I got tossed out). My buddy has not seen it yet so we are going to try after work. The idea is I will have the phone up to my ear with my thumb on the track ball and snap off a few attempts we will see. Try what I did I walked into the store asked when they panned on getting them and he said no release date and grabbed a "demo model" he said was being passed around the corporate stores here in town to get familiar with it

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So I went into the store and to my surprise there was an EVO there unfortunately the sprint rep would not let me take a photo, I tried a couple times but I didn?t wanna press my luck. I got to hold the phone and play a little. He showed us some youtube HQ (but it was 3g so streaming was not as fast) and I got to hold it for about 30 seconds and it felt nice in the hand, its a little heavier than my Hero but I knew that would be. All in all just getting to touch it made me more excited and I am gonna go back today with a buddy to see if he can have the same experience ( kind of feels like I am taking him to a dealer to get him his fix). I will try again to get a photo hopefully the rep won?t be on as high alert.

Ok we all wanna see the device and of course they cannot tell u do not take pics since they are all ove r the place and trust me that store manager will not loose a commision for not letting u take a pic so go there and as previosly stated turn ur phone flash and camara sound off and take it , is not i dont trust ur statement but pls we want to see picsssss go evo!!!!

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I am in Iowa, I made the mistake of asking if I could take a picture he told me no and was watching me as I tried a few times after that, it was not for a lack of trying ( I just wanted a chance to use it or at least hold it before I got tossed out). My buddy has not seen it yet so we are going to try after work. The idea is I will have the phone up to my ear with my thumb on the track ball and snap off a few attempts we will see. Try what I did I walked into the store asked when they panned on getting them and he said no release date and grabbed a "demo model" he said was being passed around the corporate stores here in town to get familiar with it

I'm in Iowa as well. What store did you go to?

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
No I get that its hard to belive without a pic and i will try to get one as far as turning the flash off I have a hero should not be a problem at all in fact if you can tell me where to find and how to turn on the flash on my never updated 1.5 android device i would be very thankfull. I get it this is my 4th post and I come in here saying i touched the evo hahaha i would have a hard time beliveing as well. I will say i have been a avid viewer of this site since my pre broke for the 5th time and i got the hero and heard about the EVO.... aside from my rant I will try to get the photo like i said but i have to work and i have kids just got to get back to the store planning on tonight...

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Well since this keeps showing up in stores all over it's obvious the phone is coming out very soon. I highly doubt they would ship the phone a month early to the stores.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well since this keeps showing up in stores all over it's obvious the phone is coming out very soon. I highly doubt they would ship the phone a month early to the stores.

Those phones are probably "Advocate" phones, meaning it's for the Sprint employees designated to be the "expert" on the phone. They get those models early to familiarize themselves with them and to receive training. That's probably the phones we are seeing floating around, not retail models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781