Restarts after getting out of almost all apps

PromptedJunk

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
My EVO is stock. Literally has like 3 apps on it right now. It started restarting saturday night, took it into the sprint store the smart ones there blamed it on task killer, lookout and go sms and decided it was a good idea to factory restore my phone. Fixed the problem for about 12 hours then started doing it again. I hadn't even installed any apps yet and it was doing it again so it clearly wasn't any of the three apps they claimed caused problems. Went back in, waited 30 minutes then the guy working at the store told me I had rust in my phone according to what the "tech" said saturday. I tried to get him to prove it and he couldn't figure out where it was (because there is none). I ended up leaving with no fix for my phone. Only thing that fixes it is if I take my battery out and restart my phone that way and that fixes it for about 30 minutes. The guy did say before I left it was a glitch in the software but I haven't seen it anywhere else on the internet that anyone is having this problem at all. Anyone know of anything that can help without shooting the ******ed employees in the sprint store?

Also when it restarts, it flashes a white screen with the green htc logo and then shows a small gray pop up saying loading then its back to as if I just started up my phone. Wtf..

Mastertech

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I appears to be a pretty wide spread problem and if not mistaken HTC knows about it and is possibly working on a fix. There is a thread in this forum that covers this topic as well.

Added on edit: Here is the thread: Sense Reboots

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Your not the only one, mine is doing it too real bad. I have stopped using 1/2 of my apps unless i really need to use them it is that bad. My evo is also bone stock rom with only a few apps installed.

PromptedJunk

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok that makes me feel better now that I know it's not only me, I'd love to go shove it in the sprint store employees faces now that I didn't need my phone reset but I'd have to wait an hour to do that. I got so tired of dealing with it I just decided it was time I should root, I've had it for almost a year and haven't rooted it yet so now's probably the best time..

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Man you said the magic words there. .........root! You should have done it long ago, but hey do it while the gettings good, I rooted mine the moment I could and I've never once looked back! With all the rom choices out there you'll find one or two that make you really happy! Go for it!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!