EVO 4G resell price post iphone 5?

Marine0816

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I loved my Evo when it came out, but after the new phone love potion wore off I got stuck with a battery hungry phone that sometimes only last me 1 hour. I literally have to walk around with my charger hoping theres a socket nearby. From the jittery and non fluid UI I couldn't wait to switch to Verizon when the iphone 5 comes out. Now since it looks like Sprint will get the iphone 5 I will probably stay with Sprint and keep the data unlimited. But I would like to know how much you think I would get the Ev0 4G if I sell it on Ebay/Craigslist after the iphone 5 comes out. No question the resell price will depreciate on iphone launch day, but how much?

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure it will go down much because of the iPhone specifically, but just being an "older phone" Still one of the most capable units on sprint regardless. I would be surprised if you got less than $150-$170 to sell it fast, they are going for not much more than that now.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just bought mines on eBay for $200 2 weeks ago today. Your not happy with the evo like I wasn't happy with my LG Optimus S

oncesir

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just bought mines on eBay for $200 2 weeks ago today. Your not happy with the evo like I wasn't happy with my LG Optimus S

Amen to that. The LG was a POS. I had 5 of them (refurbs) and finally bought what I should have, an EVO. Honestly, I love the EVO. I cant say enough good things about it. Screw the iphone and its non flash capable platform..

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Amen to that. The LG was a POS. I had 5 of them (refurbs) and finally bought what I should have, an EVO. Honestly, I love the EVO. I cant say enough good things about it. Screw the iphone and its non flash capable platform..

Exactly. I love this phone. The flash player is the main reason I switched. That optimus s was my first android phone and it was a good intro but I quickly realized it wasn't for me and since I just joined Sprint in February I wasn't near eligible for a upgrade and I could do a lot with $500 besides buying a photon. I looked into the nexus s and evo and the evo reviews were better. Nexus s has older processor and call quality sucks. Having that super amolded display would have ben nice but the evo has a bigger screen with a better camera and flash player. Now the galaxy s 2 might top everything but its all about 4g now a days and over a year after it came out the evo is still amongst the most popular android phones in America on any carrier. Do the research (I did). Ill be happy with this phone for a while. The best part is with me having insurance if anything happens to my evo sprint will give me another one even though I got this one on eBay (also confirmed) so I'm selling my optimus s

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
If I could choose between the nexus and an Evo right now it wouldn't be the Evo. The evo has the better camera (zoom) and when it vibrates it feels much nicer (twss) but the Nexus has the better processor and better battery life. Not to mention, stock Android.

as far as depreciation goes, that already happened when the 3D and Photon came out and will happen again when new phones come out, regardless of if it's an iPhone or not.

txfarmboy

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't trade my battery loving EVO for an iPhone for anything!! this phone does everything an iPhone does as far as I can see. Music, yep. make calls, yep. text, camera, apps and so on, yep!

Don't be to quick to sell. you may be back sooner than you think......If you do switch, good luck!

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I loved my Evo when it came out, but after the new phone love potion wore off I got stuck with a battery hungry phone that sometimes only last me 1 hour. I literally have to walk around with my charger hoping theres a socket nearby. From the jittery and non fluid UI I couldn't wait to switch to Verizon when the iphone 5 comes out. Now since it looks like Sprint will get the iphone 5 I will probably stay with Sprint and keep the data unlimited. But I would like to know how much you think I would get the Ev0 4G if I sell it on Ebay/Craigslist after the iphone 5 comes out. No question the resell price will depreciate on iphone launch day, but how much?

how the hell do you kill the battery in an hour? Maybe you just need a new battery I can have every radio on and my screen brightness maxed and surf the web or play games and i can't kill my battery anywhere close to an hour.....

just curious