Ok So i need some advice on a new device...

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
best multi-tasking is debatable and I won't go into it. universal search is on the Evo and all 2.0+ devices, similar functionality to synergy, there are apps that can use gestures (like gesture search, dolphin browser), yeah, flicking won't do anything

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
best multi-tasking is debatable and I won't go into it. universal search is on the Evo and all 2.0+ devices, similar functionality to synergy, there are apps that can use gestures (like gesture search, dolphin browser), yeah, flicking won't do anything

Both phone do things similar in different ways.

It depends on what you are looking for, and what you want to do. There is a phone for everyone ::smile::

Reveille

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I too am a Pre owner actually have 4 of them one for each family member. Mine is hacked with all kinds of patches,overclocked and runs mobile hotspot. Wife and kids have stock models. I absolutely love webos and suspect I will be back too when HP gets the hardware up to speed. Webos makes it easy to see apps running, switch between them or even close them. Gestures are fast way to navigate around.

However, 4g speeds of downloads, stock mobile hotspot at 4g speeds, HDMI output, HD camcorder and better camera make it easy to switch. I have had an android phone while I don't think it is as nice as webos the hardware differences more than make up for the os. I like android ok.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I know exactly what you all mean. Android is OK, webOS is AWESOME... But hardware is limited in webOS. Like I said, I think Sprint made the smart move here, they knew that hundreds of thounsads of Pre owners would be eligible for an upgrade in June, so they got a new awesome device ready. Palm... Not so smart. Instead of pushing out a new device for their loyal base of hundreds of thousands of launch users, they released a more 'shiny' version of the original Pre on verizon and still a year and a half later, on ATT. I'm sorry, but I don't consider the Puls versions new devices at all. I consider them fixing the interal specs mistakes of the original Pre and Pixi. That's all. A refresh, if you will. I am leaning more and more towards the EVO. It has some amazing features.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Flicking the cards off was one of my favorite features, until I realized it's just for show, because it sure doesn't get rid of the TMC error as the little message suggests. I am sorry webOS, there's is nothing left to close, why are you lying to me? Why can't you tell that I told you that I want every app closed to have enough room for a new app to run? Why Why Why?

OP,

I just watched LOTR on Blu Ray, that's why it was on my mind and I used it as a fitting analogy. Glad it got ya to laugh! :)

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This isn't true any more.

I list a few here, but there are many more than that. http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-n...-might-getting-something-new.html#post2417101

Android gaming is quickly on the rise, and I have talked to Gameloft and Glu mobile who both have said that they are in the process of porting games to Android.

Here are some more:

Android apps by Polarbit AB

Robo Defense - Android app on AppBrain

Archipelago - Android app on AppBrain

Hyperspace - Android app on AppBrain

Light Racer 3D - Android app on AppBrain

Antigen: Outbreak - Android app on AppBrain

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
yes and so android will soon be able to natively read C and C++, that is good news for anyone. That's why Android will be able to have 3D games ported over. Manny, you and I share the same thoughts. Although I hate the idea of a task manager to make sure the phone doesn't close apps I want to remain open, I would prefer a task manager to a phone that just doesn't know what to do when I tell it to close something. Very, very annoying. And yes, it's kinda hard to show off the phone's capabilities to others when I have to wait 5 minutes, or the duration of one extended Lord of The Rings move :), to just show them how a 3D game looks. I still think that webOS UI is unbeatable. They just don't have the hardware to back it up.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I work at RadioShack, and we are getting a lot of memo's about the Evo's release. I'm just waiting for an actual release date memo. It has tons of features, and I think it will kill the new iPhone that is going to come out. Apple limits every product they release, and that is going to hurt them. I am a fan of Apple, but I am not confused with fanatic; I can see the limits on their products. I'm not the kind that says 'oh but who needs that?' point being, Evo is going to be very VERY Tough to compete with. In all levels. I hope tjhis turns Sprint around, they deserve it.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
When you hear about the release date, be sure to shout it from the mountain tops :)

I think we are all going to hear the announcement on the 15th.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For sure estebancam, let us know so I won't have to bug my local shack manager anymore.

And since we have a Thank You button now.....we will definitely use it as soon as you give us some GOOD news! ;)

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

i dont know how the new universal search feature is on the new sense ui but webos' universal search is awesome cause you can search contact names, nick names, applications, google, other sites, or go strait to a website. plus since it has a physical keyboard, you can just start typing to access any feature of the phone using universal search.

i still stand by the best multitasking available. webos is basically built around this feature so of course its going to excel at it. and the whole synergy thing i cant really speak much of what android w/ sense does, alls i know is that webos does it very well.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Guys don't worry. AS SOON as I get a memo with a release date, I will be all over this site. :) But someone usually beats me to the punch. Every time I hear a major thing, I go to tip it, but then its already there just 5 minutes before that. Oh well. I try.

HTC Sense has the same thing as Synergy but not as many choices on what to sync. I need to learn a lot more about Android still:

1) How Universal Search works
2) How email works
3) How customization of the phone works
4) How easy it is to "hack" and add overclock and themes
5) If someone can, tell me the issues that Android has. I don't know too many.

Thanks

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
ok. With android there is a search button on the device. You press it to search contacts apps google go to a website and I think music.im on the mobile site and can't see the rest of your questions so sorry

Guys don't worry. AS SOON as I get a memo with a release date, I will be all over this site. :) But someone usually beats me to the punch. Every time I hear a major thing, I go to tip it, but then its already there just 5 minutes before that. Oh well. I try.

HTC Sense has the same thing as Synergy but not as many choices on what to sync. I need to learn a lot more about Android still:

1) How Universal Search works
2) How email works
3) How customization of the phone works
4) How easy it is to "hack" and add overclock and themes
5) If someone can, tell me the issues that Android has. I don't know too many.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed