05-12-2010 12:17 PM
115 ... 2345
tools
    Which event are you referring to exactly?
    Sprint it throwing a EVO 4G event on the 12th of May, next week.
    05-07-2010 03:20 PM
    Do you have 4g in your area? If so can you do a speed test and see how fast browsing really is?
    05-07-2010 03:30 PM
    PanzyDog Is the Hero battery compatible with the EVO?
    05-07-2010 03:40 PM
    And yes, Google Earth is on it. I downloaded it last night and it is super fast on this. I truly didnt expect it to be usable but it is and I found my house in no time!
    And yes I said the battery went down to 25% of capacity.

can you confirm for sure if it is TFT or amoled screen?
    05-07-2010 03:45 PM
    @ PanzyDog...

I too live in Kansas City, North of the river.. For your troubles I will gladly invite for a bar b qued burger for all your troubles.

PM me if you are interested!
    05-07-2010 03:48 PM
    @ PanzyDog...

I too live in Kansas City, North of the river.. For your troubles I will gladly invite for a bar b qued burger for all your troubles.

PM me if you are interested!

What is it about these devices that drive us crazy.
    05-07-2010 03:52 PM
    What is it about these devices that drive us crazy.
    because they have our names on them and are being held captive!
    05-07-2010 04:01 PM
    Sprint it throwing a EVO 4G event on the 12th of May, next week.
    Oh right, thanks for the clarification. I remember hearing about this beforehand.
    05-07-2010 04:17 PM
    because they have our names on them and are being held captive!
    LOL, that's how I feel too!
    05-07-2010 04:32 PM
    how are the screen colors? That's what worries me about getting the evo and leaving me pre. But I got so used to the pre's amazingly vivid screen and colors compared to my old hero's washed out display...
    05-07-2010 04:47 PM
    Wow, he's going out of his way to provide us with info on the phone and you are gonna bash him? You are certainly a class act. He obviously cannot give out some information. Deal with it. We will all find out everything by next week after the event.

No, he "went out of his way" to basically tell us the same things we already knew, and post a couple random videos.

There is no way someone could figure out who he is if he took a couple of minor precautions and then he could say as much as he wanted, yet he wouldnt reveal even information that is likely irrelevant to Sprint at this point (FCC ID).
    05-07-2010 04:52 PM
    No, he "went out of his way" to basically tell us the same things we already knew, and post a couple random videos.

There is no way someone could figure out who he is if he took a couple of minor precautions and then he could say as much as he wanted, yet he wouldnt reveal even information that is likely irrelevant to Sprint at this point (FCC ID).
    Here you go... A$$hole.

HTC EVO 4G earns FCC's blessing, WiMAX and all -- Engadget
    05-07-2010 05:44 PM

Actually, if you saw the video he posted, with all the tats on his hands and wrists, the Sprint Police could pick this guy up inside of five minutes. He was already in hot water. No doubt he had the device, but he was too CS to give us the goods. Everyone needs to chill and wait until next week's media event at which point they should hammer down the final details.
    05-07-2010 05:52 PM
    I talked to a lady at radio shack about when the evo might come out, and she mentioned that she thought she had seen the date. She promptly pulls up all the slides that we saw yesterday and then realizes that there is no date available yet. She said that they will get more info about when pre ordering starts on May 15.
    05-07-2010 06:13 PM
    woah, I took a few days off from the forum and this is what happens. Guess I missed the videos that were pulled. Hope I didn't miss anything too exciting.
    05-07-2010 09:24 PM
    Calling BS on the level if his info.

FCC ID is "too small to read" ...wtf?

Has a release date but "cant give it out"

Whos gonna know? Can anyone identify you by your username? no.

I'd say he lucked out and got a few minutes with the phone, nothing more.
    I don't know, how many photographers in Kansas City were given an Evo to shoot? Hmm. I think they could figure out who he is pretty quickly.
    05-07-2010 09:42 PM
    Are we getting too many Precentral members in here or something? What's with all the mean spirited posting calling out the OP?

I for one wanna say thanks to the OP for taking the risk to try to share what he has. Not so sure if all of us were deserving.
    05-07-2010 11:05 PM
    Are we getting too many Precentral members in here or something? What's with all the mean spirited posting calling out the OP?

I for one wanna say thanks to the OP for taking the risk to try to share what he has. Not so sure if all of us were deserving.
    Hey, not all Pre Central Members are like that..... I for one appreciate all the info the OP has given, and the pics too...
    05-07-2010 11:24 PM
    I'm not like that either. Love the video with the Hero. Showed it to one guy at work and he went "whoa!".
    The screen looked as big as the Hero some angles. Didn't get to show it to the guy with the Hero.

That video appeased my Evo Anxiety for today (:
    05-07-2010 11:32 PM
    Now I really wish I would have caught the video.
    05-07-2010 11:48 PM
    thanks OP!
    05-08-2010 07:27 AM
    I appreciate the effort made to answer the ton of questions posted here. I think ATT is going be eating my dust in a month or two, hello Sprint.
    05-08-2010 08:20 AM
    Thanx op! do you still have the evo?
    05-08-2010 12:46 PM
    Something tells me that he won't be coming back to these forums until the EVO is released.
    05-08-2010 02:34 PM
    Yeah, I think we lost Panzy

Thanks for the insight buddy!
    05-08-2010 05:34 PM
115 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD