05-12-2010 12:17 PM
115 ... 345
tools
    So I see someone said Radio Shack will have pre orders on the 15th? I guess noone will know for sure until after the event on the 12th. I was at 2 Sprint stores today trying to exchange a car charger and they hadn't a clue as to when it was coming out. But I read my Touch Pro 2 battery will work on the EVO so I hope that's true. I want to order a case for this phone already and the website I found says not available till July 5th.
    05-09-2010 12:34 AM
    Thanks Panzy, for all the good info. I missed out on the video. I have seen an article recently stating that the EVO will release the day before the Iphone 4G. Which means on June 6th. HTC EVO 4G Release Date & Verizon iPhone 4G Release Date Likely To Be One Day Apart, Which One To Choose
    05-09-2010 03:25 AM
    Hey, not all Pre Central Members are like that..... I for one appreciate all the info the OP has given, and the pics too...
    I agree 100%. I am coming from the Pre and most everyone on Precentral and here are great! You will get idiots in any group so please don't take one mans idiocy as the benchmark for all of us.

I thank you guys and the OP for all the cool info! It is making the transition from a great OS to an outstanding one much easier.

Now can someone please tell me what kind of notification lights the Evo will have? I have not found the answer to this one yet <HUGE GRIN>
    05-09-2010 11:45 AM
    Everybody is skirting around answering that.

My Touch Pro has excellent notifications, My Pre not so much but I can understand what's what.
    I'm a little concerned about a single LED in the corner of the phone, although it's in no was a deal breaker.
    05-09-2010 02:28 PM
    Thanks Panzy, for all the good info. I missed out on the video. I have seen an article recently stating that the EVO will release the day before the Iphone 4G. Which means on June 6th. HTC EVO 4G Release Date & Verizon iPhone 4G Release Date Likely To Be One Day Apart, Which One To Choose
    If I read that right, those guys are expecting that the next gen iPhone will be released on Verizon, not on AT&T? That's pretty crazy!
    05-09-2010 02:48 PM
    If I read that right, those guys are expecting that the next gen iPhone will be released on Verizon, not on AT&T? That's pretty crazy!
    I doubt it. First, VZW doesn't seem too cool with letting 3rd party people use the GPS (Apple would not stand for that as it would break so many of their apps) and the prototype had a microSIM card slot which would point towards a GSM device, not a CDMA. I have heard rumors that Apple might release an LTE version on VZW, but I think that would take place a little later in the year.
    05-09-2010 03:01 PM
    Yeah, I don't see it happening. If they announced that, it would be some serious ground shaking news, and a mass exodus of iPhone fans from AT&T to Verizon.
    05-09-2010 09:17 PM
    I was mowing Saturday in a field in O.P. KS and guys were working on the sprint tower he told me he had only 1 more tower to do for 4g stuff in the KC area and his region would be done ready for fcc approval to turn on he said he has done about 200 total in the KC metro area
    05-11-2010 07:43 PM
    Yeah... no. Haha. ATT has a 5 year contract with Apple. Not over til next year.
    05-11-2010 08:26 PM
    Yeah... no. Haha. ATT has a 5 year contract with Apple. Not over til next year.
    your wrong not over till 2012
    05-12-2010 08:36 AM
    apple contrac with sprint ends in the 2nd quarter of 2012, so till then no other company will have the iphone..like if we need it right!!!!! GO ANDROID
    05-12-2010 08:52 AM
    apple contrac with sprint ends in the 2nd quarter of 2012, so till then no other company will have the iphone..like if we need it right!!!!! GO ANDROID

not sure where you got that information but that is completely false. The iphone will be released on Verizon this year
    05-12-2010 09:34 AM
    not sure where you got that information but that is completely false. The iphone will be released on Verizon this year
    Confirmed: Apple and AT&T signed five-year iPhone exclusivity deal -- but is it still valid? -- Engadget

I would guess this is where the info came from... I dont really care i am all in with the EVO, I have had the iPhone and AT&T and left for sprint and I will get the EVO but the point is thats where they got that info
    05-12-2010 10:24 AM
    Thanks to everyone for informative posts. I am Definitely thinking of leaving my Pre behind in June, and going over to the Evo. I also have old man eyes. We have 4 Pres, but the screen is too small for me to read without a magnifier.

As a newbie, and a Pre owner. I have gotten used to being able to add patches to my pre. I'm hoping the same level of resource exists for the Android community. I mostly use my Pre to tether to my laptop. Are there apps for Android that allow for tethering. I do not want to have to pay for mobile hot spotting. Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
    05-12-2010 12:09 PM
    Thanks to everyone for informative posts. I am Definitely thinking of leaving my Pre behind in June, and going over to the Evo. I also have old man eyes. We have 4 Pres, but the screen is too small for me to read without a magnifier.

As a newbie, and a Pre owner. I have gotten used to being able to add patches to my pre. I'm hoping the same level of resource exists for the Android community. I mostly use my Pre to tether to my laptop. Are there apps for Android that allow for tethering. I do not want to have to pay for mobile hot spotting. Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
    yeah, plenty.
    PDAnet free allows everything but secure sites, paid version allows everything. Its by USB or Bluetooth (USB is much faster)
    When Root is established there are Wifi tether apps that can be used.
    05-12-2010 12:17 PM
115 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD