Got the EVO

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So I got the EVO again and have been having a blast playing with it. Hell even my GF and kids are wowed by it! And the GF doesnt usually like touch screen phones but now want one! Still absolutely amazed at its size and speed. It simply makes my Hero and any other phone look like a joke. Screen is remarkable.

Anyway, if anyone has anything specific they want to know or want me to try out let me know.

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It is mega solid. I dont see it being an issue ever. The entire device feels like one piece of metal and very sturdy. Have watched a couple of clips on it using the kick stand and it is just right for viewing.

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I recall you mentioning and from your 1st set of pics that you were able to get a 4g connection. How fast is the 4g connection that you're getting with real world use? Also, does the phone get hot/warm when using data heavily?

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Looking at it, I doubt this would work, but...

Can the kickstand hold the phone up in portrait mode, for easier reading?

How easy is it to plug in the usb cable for charging? (Yes, seems trivial, but the usb port on my Pre has always been a pain to plug into for some reason - perhaps the design of the hole in the shell?)

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Battery life was not great last night but we did a lot of playing with it. Was fully charged at about 4PM but depleted to about 25% in a few hours of pretty constant use.
The 4G is spotty in KC right now. I could get a decent signal downtown but when I went home which is north of downtown no 4G signal at all. But to be fair the network isnt officially complete.
The stand doesnt work in portrait mode, feels like it would but it is just too wobbly.
The micro USB connects easily as it is right at the bottom and no cover for it unlike that insane Pixi connection!

kona2day

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
yazman beat me to the question. panzydog, you are the luckiest guy on earth right now. Maybe you could do a little video to show it in action. Thanks again.

kona2day

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Just thought of one more thing, could you take a few photos and maybe a video using the evo to show us what they will look like. Man you are soooo lucky.

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
How is the speed of the device compared to the Incredible -- equivalent? I'm not talking about browsing or things that take advantage of the 4G network because we don't have that here in Southeast Michigan. Thanks!

dased1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the front webcam and how is the 8mp camara is it as good or better than the incredible. How is the screen (feel,usage and does it suppose multi touch)

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I can only compare it to the Hero and compared to that it is blazingly fast! Everything on the phone response instantly. Never realized just how much I waited for things to happen on the Hero. The camera is good. Typical delay as with any camera phone but with the dual flash I have gotten some pretty decent picture. Video capture was a mix bag, quality was good but the recording I did stuttered in a few places. Although it was my 15 year old recording while we were in the car so I will have to try another one to see if it was an isolated issue or not.

Last edited:

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
PanzyDog, you live in KC, I live in Columbia,Mo. How is the Sprint coverage in Mo? I have ATT but thinking about switching to Sprint for the EVO.

mcfryus02

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
ok just saw the youtube. Now the BIG ? is how did you get the phone. Do you work for Sprint or you have friends in high places if it's the 2nd one, lets be best friends ;-)

Last edited: