Micro SDHC Cards

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So, in preparing for getting the might Evo, I have been looking at micro SDHC cards. I am planning on getting a 16GB card, but I am not sure what speed to get. My hunch is that a class 2 card would be fine, but what do you guys think/know?

Also, I can't remember but will the Evo support the new 32GB cards?

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Saw a thread on another(?) forum that suggested getting the best you can afford.
I'm think 16gb class 2 since there reasonable but some posters in that thread seem to think that recording in 720p will be too much for a class 2.
Also mentioned: Theoretically a class 2 should be enough.

Ultimately for me it depends on the speed of the 8gb that comes with the phone. If it's class 2 I get the 16gb if it's not I keep it until 16gb class 4 or 6 drop in prices.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Evo supports 32 GB, but Android has a hard time formatting a card that big, something that's supposedly fixed in 2.2. I would say, just live with the 8 GB for now, and once Google says 32 GB is ok, then buy it.

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Knowing that I will be performing a lot of data transfers, (mainly swapping Gigs of movie files on and off) I opted for a 16GB class 10 card. A little pricey but well worth it for my time and sanity.

Keep in mind the listed speeds are the minimum the card must perform, so real world speed will vary.

If you don't have the need to transfer so much data (or if you have patients) then you can get by with a slower card.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am getting whatever Big Daddy superspeed card is out there, I have a fast phone, I don't want anything slowing it down!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Some unknown company, at least to me, has a 32GB that is a class 10 for $120. Not sure how reliable that thing is.

Nevermind, that was a SD card.....

Last edited:

jamiespeck

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
alright may be someone can fill me in on what the difference is on classes.. but i just want to get a 16 gb for my evo but i didnt know there was a difference in each one. Can someone fill in this noob? Thanks