EVO crazy

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Think that I have the EVO bug BAD. I look at everything EVO(Forums&videos) when I go shopping in playing with every android phone i can get my hands on and i have even stopped by T-mobile to play with the HD2 just to get a taste of the EVO. think if this phone does not get released soon my wife is going to kick me out :( come on sprint save my marriage and release the phone already.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hahaha, i took pictures of the HD2 next to a pre (posted on here) and my gf is seriously considering admitting me to a facility where I get to wear a white jacket all day long in a weird foamy room.

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hahaha, i took pictures of the HD2 next to a pre (posted on here) and my gf is seriously considering admitting me to a facility where I get to wear a white jacket all day long in a weird foamy room.

lol think my wife is about to do the same thing. we will be watching a movie and i'll be reading android central on my PRE and she gives my that look o_O and i have to give up my phone.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I helped someone root their hero last night while we "watched" a movie. I think she is becoming numb to the idea, which is good, that will keep me out of the looney bin.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
trust me i've been in verizon twice already just to play with the incredible since the new sense is on it and is the same one in the evo, and the guy from the sprint store couple of blocks from my house is already tired of my face wandering arround the store like a "evo stalker"

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I am typing this from my dark, cobwebbed furnace room in the basement so this must be quick!!!! Just messing :] Haha it's alright guys I'm feeling the same way. I have to turn the volume down lower on my phone when I'm watching YouTube videos because I'm tired of hearing people saying damn you really want that phone don't you!?? Not always watching evo videos, it's mostly Incredible videos because this will be my first Android phone so Im learning the interface thoroughly.That way I can know what I'm doing right out of the box. Knowing your product or service is a good thing no matter what that applies to. It saves you down the road in a number of ways and it's people like us that stay on top of our game.

Last edited:

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
ick. I've been to VZ a couple times but I'd never go to T-Mobile to look at the HD2.
It has WM :s and to think I used to love WM.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, my name is Manny, and I am a Evoholic.

Same here, I watched every video for both the Incredible and the Evo I could find, I even watched HD2 reviews! Been to the Verizon store to play with the Incredible, I stop at every Radio Shack to look and touch the HD2 dummy, I ask every Sprint, Best Buy, and Radio Shack employee as to when the Evo comes out. I dream of it at night, yeah it's really really bad! I even show Rufflez comparison pic to people to show them what phone I am getting!

It's myself and my 3 friends, although they are not quite as bad as me. I even have two of my female friends who currently have Pres (would you believe they work at Hooters?) interested in the Evo.

You are not alone!

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
This is all soo depressingly true. -_-

bhk5mv.jpg

Last edited:

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Those sneakers are disturbing. :)

Okay, so I broke down. I went to a Best Buy to check out the Incredible and an HD2. They had functioning units of both.

Nothing new here...the Incredible is fast and the voice recognition is very cool and accurate. I used it all over the place and even in Nav with an address. I love this feature. The Incredible's size also surprised me. I know it is smaller than the EVO, but I was surprised at how small it looked. I was expecting it to be large and unpocketable. Not the case at all. The HD2 was noticeably larger--especially in the width. The increased feature set on the EVO is a big bonus for me and the larger screen will be nice for browsing. I'm just wondering if I'll have any regrets hauling it around. It's thin so that probably makes it bearable. Never-the-less, I will be at Best Buy to pre-order when they make it available.

Still using a brick of a Palm 755p, so the EVO will be a huge improvement. Starting to shake and drool now, so I better stop. :eek:

Okay, I wiped up the spiddle. :) Crazy stuff spouted at the BB. The reps at BB had no clue as to when the EVO would be available (Summer). One rep thought Palm was going out of business (didn't know about HP's acquisition) and another rep speculated that the iPhone 4thGen won't be out 'till January. Thought they would launch on AT&T and Verizon at the same time. Huh? No. Not buying it. I can't wait 'till tomorrow's launch party, so Sprint can let us know when the EVO will be coming out.

jcprunty

May 5, 2010
Visit site
OK I dont know how much longer i can hold on...i have a BB curve 8310 for work phone and a 8330 for my personal phone...i have been wandering and lurking these forums long enough now that i can admit i have become an ADROID junkie...i know that when the EVO finally goes on pre-order or sale or whatever i will be getting one...my wife already hates this phone and i dont even have it yet. She knows that once i get my hands on the EVO that i will be lost for days...investigating and learning all i can about it and its various functions...YES I HAVE IT BAD!!

EVO-LUTION is finally coming to Sprint...just not fast enough for me...lol

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
MANNY!!! You never fail to make me laugh. hahah. "hello my name is Manny and I am an Evoholic."

I am the same way all of you are..... and I'm a Pre owner.... sorry Palm.... :-( but you didn't give me a new device....

Anyway, I will ask my Sprint rep tomorrow (i work at the shack) see if she knows the release date. Maybe she'll let me know. Last time she said "mid june," but the consensus seems to be early June (6Th). I hope she was wrong last time. I will ask her again tomorrow.

steve41015

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I asked a guy at the shack this past Monday and was told that it was coming out mid August. Ruined my day until I started seeing all the june 6 rumors

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae