EVO contract Price

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Do you think its going to be the same? I am able to upgrade now and sprint said I would not pay anymore when it comes out, I will just have to sigh on for another two years. Is this correct?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Great I didn't mind the 200.00 up front, I didn't want to pay anymore a month. Last month they game 20.00 off my bill each month to stay and I hope this sticks. I have the Pre now which I like, its just time for a change.

I just read on engadget that sprint will have a special monthly rate. I wouldn't be surprised if the hike it up. Just when sprint got a good device.

Last edited:

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Great I didn't mind the 200.00 up front, I didn't want to pay anymore a month. Last month they game 20.00 off my bill each month to stay and I hope this sticks. I have the Pre now which I like, its just time for a change.

I just read on engadget that sprint will have a special monthly rate. I wouldn't be surprised if the hike it up. Just when sprint got a good device.

They aren't going to let people stay on legacy plans though for the EVO though. Even if that means their new plans will be priced the same as the old ones, that doesn't mean that your discounts will carry over.

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
whats a legacy plan? wouldn't just be on the same plan as the Pre that everything data plan? Or does the 4G change that?

Don't know really, this is the only information we have about that.

Evo4.jpg

Sprint Employees Begin EVO 4G Training; Screenshots a Plenty | AndroidGuys

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
22-month you get at new contract price
12-month you get $75 off non-contract price.

This is on the Sprint Website (not for the Evo Specifically, but for any phone).

If you're a premier member (IE, if you have a plan that's 69.99 or more a month) don't you get the new contract price for phones once a year, even in the middle of a 2 year contract?

RedWings

May 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're a premier member (IE, if you have a plan that's 69.99 or more a month) don't you get the new contract price for phones once a year, even in the middle of a 2 year contract?

I think you are correct.

I have been with Sprint for over 10 years plus I have an expensive plan. I can get the "New customer" price for a phone every year.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Yes, if you are a premier member you will get the phone for 199.00. I think it goes by how long you've been with them.

I just wonder if the Evo will fit in the 69 a month everything data plan.

Last edited:

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if you are a premier member you will get the phone for 199.00. I think it goes by how long you've been with them.

I just wonder if the Evo will fit in the 69 a month everything data plan.

You can be there for 10 years and be a premier member, but you can also just have an 69.99 or more a month plan.

Sprint | Premier

I certainly hope it does fit in the 69 a month plan. If they're going to charge extra I'll probably just go with Verizon.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am confused, are we talking about the price of the phone, or the rates?

Either way, it looks to me that all of us have to change plans to whatever Sprint decides to charge us for Evo plans.

I just hope they're not going overboard and shoot themselves in the foot scaring new and current customers away with excessively inflated prices compared to the current rates Mr. Hesse has been selling. I hope they won't force us into a flatrate deal where you get 4g and the hotspot functionality and land up having to add 20 bucks to the plan eventhough we, the customer, might not even live in a 4G area.

I am really antsy to find out the final info on all costs related to the Evo.

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am confused, are we talking about the price of the phone, or the rates?

Either way, it looks to me that all of us have to change plans to whatever Sprint decides to charge us for Evo plans.

I just hope they're not going overboard and shoot themselves in the foot scaring new and current customers away with excessively inflated prices compared to the current rates Mr. Hesse has been selling. I hope they won't force us into a flatrate deal where you get 4g and the hotspot functionality and land up having to add 20 bucks to the plan eventhough we, the customer, might not even live in a 4G area.

I am really antsy to find out the final info on all costs related to the Evo.

Do you really think they would increase the price even though 4G isnt nowhere near where it should be. I doubt it. I wouldnt mind since I'm in a city planned for 4G coverage but for everyone else thats not going to be the case.
I think they'll probably stick to the same plans and just add the mobile hotspot to it, until 4G becomes more saturated then they can do what they want. But then again you never know, tomorrow will tell all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane