Skype update

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Did the Skype update today break the front camera for anyone else? Now it always shows me sideways... Crap.

what phone do you have. I put Skype on my EVO 4g and neve could get the front camera to work, but the back camera works fine.

Hamradionut

EVO 4G
Still running 2.2

Tophersky

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am on 2.3, with the new Skype update, and the front facing camera has everything rotated 90 degrees. Regardless of the orientation of the device.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am running 2.3 on my EVO. When I tried Skype, the front camera works, but it would not use the speaker so I can hear who I am talking to. It only plays sound through the earpiece and I have to hold the phone to my ear to hear. Any ideas?

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have seen similar behavior on an epic 4g. Have you recently connected to a Bluetooth speaker phone by chance?

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No. I was going to try using my new Bluetooth headset that supports playing music and see if that helps. The precious headset did not support that protocol.

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The Skype update yesterday fixes the video rotation issue. The trick is you need to uninstall the previous version, then install the new version. When i just did an update the problem was not fixed.

Rich