468. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

216 46.15%
  • No

252 53.85%
06-01-2010 11:40 AM
362 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    If you include the $10 fee the EVO actually costs $440 so it is not that great a value. Add in the fewer apps than an iphone and the lower coverage quality of the incredible and you have a horrible value.

It looks like what you really need is an new Iphone or Incredible all along problem solved, you should go to AT&T or Verizon, next!
    05-21-2010 03:54 PM
    I was told the $10 fee is not discounted like the plan itself. I get a 20% from work, but it won't touch the $10 just like it won't for insurance. So for you guys thinking it will cost $7.50 or $8, you may want to question it.
    05-21-2010 04:07 PM
    The insurance has nothing to do with the usage of the phone. On the other hand the 10 is in regards to the data usage. So they better discount it or i will call and give them an earful and demand for them to waive it.
    05-21-2010 04:09 PM
    So you would pay $20 for simultaneous voice and data rather $10 for the premium data charge?
    Atleast I am getting something rather than paying for nothing.
    05-21-2010 04:10 PM
    The insurance has nothing to do with the usage of the phone. On the other hand the 10 is in regards to the data usage. So they better discount it or i will call and give them an earful and demand for them to waive it.
    Thats what Customer Service and the Sprint Corporate store told me........

As opposed to the assumptions made that it will apply, you may just want to check on it.
    05-21-2010 04:11 PM
    Iím getting the phone, but I donít think its fair paying the extra $10. Why?
    My wife use 3 times more data than me using youtube on her way to work, I spend more time on the internet checking web sites, emails and Pandora some times. She will keep the Pre and the higher data usage, but I will be the one paying $10 extra, and thereís no 4G in NJ.

Iím on a family shared plan, $129.99 with 1500 minutes and unlimited data, a great deal, and the additional $10 will not keep me away from the best device on sprint network. But Iím pretty sure there will be many Pre and Blackberry users using more data without the additional fee.
    05-21-2010 04:17 PM
    I will be getting this device and definitely don't have a problem with the $10 fee. I will be able to do at least that much more with that phone than what I have right now. I also travel to 2 different cities enough that have 4g and will love to be able to use it when I go there. As far as the coverage debate, att has no 3g where I live yet charge the $30 that I wouldn't be able to use yet no one is up in arms about that. Verizon's coverage here is the same as sprint's so why not pay less and have more. I won't have 4g all the time with this phone (probably only 1 weekend a month on average) but I will still be able to do more with this phone in a 3g area than I can now. So why not pay the $10 fee to be able to do more? Of course I will.
    05-21-2010 04:35 PM
    You realize that WiMAX towers are ex*****ve...correct? And if you live in a wimax area having access to 3-10MBps download speeds is worth it.
    I plan to get it all the same, you're just whining.
    05-21-2010 04:36 PM
    Just switched from $49.00 + $7 tep per month sero to 5 person Everything Plus Referral family with 5 users so my bill will be $52 per mo with tep and 4g. I can deal, plus we have 4g coverage here in Vegas Baby!!!
    05-21-2010 04:40 PM

You go do that while the rest of us will be enjoying the Evo!
    05-21-2010 04:47 PM
    I'll wait for about 3 months. Since they can keep track on data usage. I will also have them on record since they come on the bill. Once i show them that i am using less data then on my blackberry i will demand they waive it. If i do use more then i wont bug them
    05-21-2010 04:48 PM
    Do you think that AT&T, Verizon and Tmobile won't be charging and extra fee once they put their 4g service online? they also have to pay for that expensive new equipment. Currently Sprint is the only 4g service and Phone in town and they could charge a lot more, if you don't want to pay don't get the phone.
    05-21-2010 05:05 PM
    In my SNL voice.. "Really? REally over $10??"

• Even with the $10 fee, any comparable plan on another carrier is at least $10 more compared to Sprint
    • Free mobile to mobile alone can allow you to take an even lower plan than a competitor and save more money
    • Unlimited data on Sprint is unlimited.. Go ask Verizon about their 5gb cap on their 'unlimited' plan
    • Nobody else has 4G/Wimax
    • Even not on 4G - adding a phone with HD vid capture/upload and Video Chat means higher network usage even on 3G
    • The ETF fee is at least $125 lower on Sprint compared to AT&T and Verizon
    • Spending more than $69 allows you to upgrade every year

Did I miss a reason why Sprint blows the other competitors away on TOTAL COST of OWNERSHIP??

This last cost comparison between carriers should make folks stop crying:
    Nexus One vs iPhone, Droid & Palm Pre Ė Total Cost of Ownership

You guys crack me up - I can't wait to hear the rationalization when the new iPhone throws in a $20 up-phone charge - you guys would eat it up and probably give Apple a $5 tip to boot just to use it. lol.
    05-21-2010 05:12 PM
    05-21-2010 05:14 PM
    Will the mods please lock and merge new threads protesting the $10 fee? The fee sucks -- we got the memo.
    05-21-2010 05:19 PM
    the overall value with Sprint wins hands down
    Then why is Sprint STILL losing money year after year?
    05-21-2010 08:41 PM
    Then why is Sprint STILL losing money year after year?
    Bad public perception is one of the factors. In fact, it's one of the biggest.
    05-21-2010 09:19 PM
    First I'm sorry for the rant ahead of time...

If the Evo was being released to AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile the Smart Phone data package would be $30 extra a month.

So get over it and let be grateful that Sprint didn't follow there lead.

If you are going to complain over $10 you shouldnít get the phone. I'm so tired of reading on every other forum that you won't get the phone because of this. You know what I bet you will get the phone. I bet you have already preordered the phone. So stop crying, and grow some.

Ok all done....had to get that out....I preordered my EVO at 10am at my local Best Buy wooohoooo go EVO!!
    Wow -- It took 6 pages of posts to get here but finally a voice of reason. Sprint is the only carrier doing its best to keep prices down for the customer while still turning a profit and providing innovative devices. I think the $10 premium sends a good message to the other carriers. "Stop charging $30 premiums for your smartphone plans!" I am in a non-4g area and probably always will be, but I will proudly pay the extra $10 for the EVO. It would have been $30 with any other carrier.
    05-22-2010 07:11 AM
    i understand, accept, and i'm happy to pay the addition $10. with all the capabilities of the device, i have no doubt that i'll be sucking up some serious bandwidth.
    05-22-2010 07:34 AM
    i'll pay the extra $10/month. but i won't like it.
    05-22-2010 07:38 AM
    i understand, accept, and i'm happy to pay the addition $10. with all the capabilities of the device, i have no doubt that i'll be sucking up some serious bandwidth.
    I guess you didn't realize you are already paying for an "everything" plan that is supposed to have "unlimited" data already, and the $10 charge is on top of that plan.
    05-22-2010 01:58 PM
    brett636: believe me, I understand what I'm paying for. But at the end of the day, it's $10. That's nothing. I don't care. I'm not gonna cry baby about it, I'm not gonna NOT get the phone. If you're that concerned, skip a lunch, a pack of smokes, a drink at the bar. I don't see the big deal. Change to a different carrier and see what a comparable plan will cost you.
    05-22-2010 02:22 PM
    I know its about the principle but the sad part is most people wouldn't hesitate to spend $10 at a bar for two beers in one hr and go home and have nothing to show for it but a buzz. So in the end the results are ten dollars down the toilet.
    05-22-2010 03:54 PM
    At least it is better to pay the $10 instead of making everyone change plans to a more expensive plan. Kind of like what they did for the instinct and PRE, you had to be on a everything data plan. They could have made a Everything Data Plan 4G required for all 4G phones. Starting at 99 a month and family plans starting at 149.
    05-22-2010 04:03 PM
    i didn't realize there was a extra $10 until the radioshack rep told me that. I said why would i pay for a 4g service when my city doesn't have it yet so thats dumb on sprints end.
    05-22-2010 04:20 PM
362 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD