Sprint Pre Order?

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I followed the event best i could on my phone cause i was at work at the time and didn't know if they covered this and i missed it or if it wasn't mentioned at all. Did they say if and when they would start accepting pre-orders for the device?

Sincere_2010

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Nope....not that I am aware of. I would recommend hitting your local BestBuy or RadioShack to discuss with them. I know I will be doing that first thing tomorrow...

Android Believer

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So since I'm completely new to the whole putting in a pre-order, how does that work exactly? Do you just simply put down the $50 and they hold a phone specifically for you?

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea, if you want to purchase through Best Buy. You pay your $50 and you are pretty much guranteed to have the HTC Evo 4G on June 4th when they come into Best Buy of that lovely delivery truck :). If you change your mind, you can get your $50 back. I think BB has changed a few things w/ deposits. They used to issue you a gift card for $50 towards the phone when you pick it up, but I guess they've stopped that.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea, if you want to purchase through Best Buy. You pay your $50 and you are pretty much guranteed to have the HTC Evo 4G on June 4th when they come into Best Buy of that lovely delivery truck :). If you change your mind, you can get your $50 back. I think BB has changed a few things w/ deposits. They used to issue you a gift card for $50 towards the phone when you pick it up, but I guess they've stopped that.

So when you pre-ordered today, You just gave them 50 dollars? And this will be applied to the price of the phone when u pick it up on the 4th, you will just pay the remainder of 149.99? Also, was 199.99 ure final cost or did they charge tax? and did they give u the option for total equipment protection?

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
So when you pre-ordered today, You just gave them 50 dollars? And this will be applied to the price of the phone when u pick it up on the 4th, you will just pay the remainder of 149.99? Also, was 199.99 ure final cost or did they charge tax? and did they give u the option for total equipment protection?

It was $50 + tax... They gave me the recipt showing that I paid the preorder. The rep stapled that to my information sheet with the picture of the phone on it. When I come back on 6/4, the $50 + tax I paid will be applied to the $199.99 + tax. So, yes, ultimately $149.99. The option for all the equip protection will be offered to you 6/4, so you won't deal with that yet.

dre3k2

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy will accept pre-orders for the new phone today, May 13, and will offer an instant rebate instead of the $100 mail-in rebate Sprint stores will offer.

from phonescoop.com

stolirocks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy will accept pre-orders for the new phone today, May 13, and will offer an instant rebate instead of the $100 mail-in rebate Sprint stores will offer.

from phonescoop.com

yes but when will they deliver? The Shack says May 29th from 4 stores I called.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
It was $50 + tax... They gave me the recipt showing that I paid the preorder. The rep stapled that to my information sheet with the picture of the phone on it. When I come back on 6/4, the $50 + tax I paid will be applied to the $199.99 + tax. So, yes, ultimately $149.99. The option for all the equip protection will be offered to you 6/4, so you won't deal with that yet.

Been real helpful.. thank you

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from Best Buy have my Pre-order in hand now waiting for June 4. I had to show the rep my email on the notice on my Pre. He didn't think they started them yet.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

They Charge Tax on the $50 as well I just got mine it was Exactly $53.50... :cool:

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I pre ordered at best Buy and after I pick up my phone on the 4th, that's where my dealings with Best Buy end with this phone..
any problems I have will be handles by the Sprint store, I have TEP and I'll be using it.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles